Rocs are some of the largest and deadliest birds in Vana'diel. With high evasion and a number of multi-hit attacks, Rocs can evade what aggressors throw at them and then counter with a relentless blow of attacks. Even the most prepared and experienced forces should be wary.
Rocs can drop feathers and plumes when defeated. The feathers are used in a few recipes, most notably the highly-prized Icarus Wing. The plume is sought after by weavers, tanners, and carpenters. The plumes can also fetch a decent price with certain merchants.
The meat of the Diatryma variety of Roc, found only in Eastern Altepa Desert and Misareaux Coast, can also be scavenged from the defeated bird. The meat is distasteful to most occupants of Vana'diel, but it can be used in a soup edible to Za'Dha Adamantking and used to spawn a notorious bugard.
- Blind Vortex: 1-hit damage + blindness. Used in place of Scratch only by certain NMs.
- Dread Dive: 1-hit damage + knockback. Used in place of Gliding Spike only by certain NMs.
- Feather Barrier: Evasion boost.
- Giga Scream: 3-hit damage. Used in place of Triple Attack only by certain NMs.
- Gliding Spike: Single target damage, Knockback, and Stun.
- Scratch: Single target damage and Blind.
- Stormwind: 15' AoE Wind damage.
- Triple Attack: Threefold single target damage.
roc or ruk (from the Arabic and Persian رخ rokh, asserted by Louis Charles Casartelli to be an abbreviated form of Persian simurgh) is an enormous legendary bird of prey, often said to be white.A
One of the species is Suzaku. Vermilion bird is one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations. According to Wu Xing, the Taoist five-elemental system, it represents the fire-element, the direction south, and the season summer correspondingly. Thus it is sometimes called the Vermilion bird of the South. It is known as Zhu Que in Chinese, Suzaku in Japanese, Jujak in Korean, and Chu Tước in Vietnamese. It is described as a red bird that resembles a pheasant with a five-colored plumage and is perpetually covered in flames.The