|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Ridorana Cataract page!|
Please expand this article into a full one. This can be done by Adding a Locations section, with images and brief descriptions of the areas within the location. This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page.
- “Ridorana... the great pharos and the bottomless Cataract. No man of Balfonheim would willingly go there, so oft are we warned as children.”
The Ridorana Cataract is located in the far east of Ivalice, in the Jagd Naldoa region. Since it is located in Jagd territory, it is impossible to reach by airship normally, and the tides surrounding it preclude normal ships from approaching. On the edge of the cataract is a small island with a tall tower called The Pharos, due to resembling a lighthouse. Other than that, not much is known about this region.
- “A strange opening in the seafloor that has created an endless whirlpool, drawing the surrounding sea ever downwards. An island is situated at the cataract's edge, on which stands a great pharos surrounded by ancient ruins. Its size suggests that once a great city flourished here, but of its rise and fall nothing is known. The area surrounding the island is jagd, preventing approach by airship, while the proximity of the cataract and its tidal pull make it impossible to reach the island by sea.”
- —Sage Knowledge piece 67
- See also: Treasure (Final Fantasy XII)
In the Echoes of the Times Garden, there is a treasure that spawns in the middle of the the east edge that can have the Opal Ring. The Colosseum has many treasures that spawn in the ruined hallways around the center. One treasure that spawns in the right dead-end in the south can have the Cloud Staff.
The treasure near the southern entrance to the opening in the middle of the Colosseum can have the Penetrator Crossbow. Many treasures can spawn in the northeast of the City of Other Days and one of them can have the Ivory Pole.
After following Dr. Cid to the Ancient City of Giruvegan to snatch the pieces of deifacted nethicite he holds, the party found Cid had tricked them and they were only met with the Occuria. The Occuria forged Ashe a sword to cut her own piece of nethicite from the Sun-Cryst and instructed her to find "a tower on the distant shore". After finding out from Reddas such location is found in Jagd Naldoa, the party modify their airship, Strahl, to be capable of flying through jagd and come to the Naldoan Sea, where they find the Ridorana Cataract on the edge of a deep waterfall.
The party leave Strahl and trek through the cataract to the base of the Pharos where they find a message left by the King Raithwall himself.
After Vaan has vanquished every tough Hunt mark Montblanc has given him, he is so impressed with his skills he sends Vaan to vanquish Yiazmat at the Ridorana Cataract coliseum. After succeeding Montblanc tells Vaan why he founded Clan Centurio.
- Footfalls of the Past
- Echoes from Time's Garden
- City of Other Days
- Path of Hidden Blessing (to the Pharos)
The Ridorana Cataract's Coliseum appears as the BMS for "Boss Battle".
|"A Moment's Rest"|
|Trouble with the audio sample?|
The background theme to Ridorana Cataract is called "A Moment's Rest" (モーメントレスト, Moomentoresuto?).