As a greeting, expect Melton and W Wind. Also uses Drain and Meteo. Upon dying, uses Calmness to Wound target character, so prepare with Life 3.
Rest, also known as Sleep, is a boss in Final Fantasy VI. He is fought in the third tier of the final battle along with Lady. According to the Final Fantasy III Nintendo Player's Guide, the third tier which includes Rest and Lady is supposed to be a rematch of Fiend from the Warring Triad. No official material supports this; the idea was created by Nintendo of America.
Rest only casts spells that affect everyone in battle so Lady will be fully healed each time he attacks. This ensures that when Lady uses White Wind, Rest will be healed as well. Rest uses Tornado or Meltdown on his first turn, and Doom on his second turn. When his HP falls below 10,240, he will begin using Meteor every turn, and counters attacks with either Meteor or Trine, an attack the player likely hasn't seen before that inflicts Silence and Blind on the party. When Rest dies he uses Repose twice, which inflicts Instant Death and ignores immunity.
- 1st Turn: Tornado (33%) or Meltdown (33%) or Nothing (33%)
- 2nd Turn: Attack (66%) or Doom (33%)
If HP <= 10240: Meteor (100%)
If killed: Repose (100%)
- Repose (33%)
If HP <= 10240:
- If attacked by anything: Meteor (33%) or Trine (33%)
- Rest, alongside Lady, are an allusion to the Pietà, a sculpture in the Vatican depicting the recently deceased Jesus Christ post-crucifixion being cradled by his mother, the Virgin Mary.
- ↑ Final Fantasy III Nintendo Player's Guide, p.129