Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The repeating boss glitch is a glitch in Final Fantasy VII that allows the player to fight bosses twice. Emerald and Ruby Weapon are excluded, as are the battles with Ultimate Weapon on the world map. This trick can be useful since it allows the player to get the battle spoils twice. While almost all battle spoils can be duplicated regularly with the (extended) W-Item duplication trick, there are two exceptions:
- Cosmo Memory (Red XIII's L4 Limit Break manual). Dropped by Lost Number. The player can get one extra copy of this item.
- All Creation (Yuffie's L4 Limit Break manual). Dropped by Godo. The player can get 99 copies of this item by winning the first battle and losing the second, repeating until the player has All Creation maxed out.
The player might want to duplicate the battle spoils of other bosses as well:
- Guard Scorpion
- Air Buster
- Turks:Reno (Sector 7 Slums)
- H0512, Sample:H0512-opt x3
- Hundred Gunner / Heli Gunner
- Motor Ball
- Turks:Reno (Gongaga), Turks:Rude (Gongaga)
- Gi Nattak, Soul Fire x2
- Lost Number
- Materia Keeper
- Red Dragon
- Demons Gate
- Schizo (Left), Schizo (Right)
- Ultimate Weapon (Mideel - storyline)
- Carry Armor, Right Arm (Carry Armor), Left Arm (Carry Armor)
- Turks:Reno (Gelnika), Turks:Rude (Gelnika)
- Diamond Weapon
- Turks:Reno (Midgar Underground), Turks:Rude (Midgar Underground), Turks:Elena
- Proud Clod, Jamar Armor
- Hojo / Helletic Hojo, Left Arm (Helletic Hojo), Right Arm (Helletic Hojo) / Lifeform-Hojo N
If the player saves their game and enters any field map by a fixed route, they will get a random encounter at some point. If the player reloads this save game and walks down the exact route, the player will notice (especially after a few reloads) that the battle occurs at the exact same spot. This is because the random battle system is only semi-random. If done correctly, the battle will be skipped. The player will know it was skipped because when the player proceeds through the field, the battle won't occur on that very spot.
It's possible that the game's music will goof up during the second battle, and freezes might also occur.
After skipping a random battle, when the player initiates a battle with a boss, they will fight it twice instead of just once, the second battle initiating immediately after the first if the player wins.