- “The hidden temple, Remiem. I'll be waiting. Come, and I will train you.”
Remiem (レミアム＝エボン寺院, Remiamu-Ebon Jiin?, lit. "Yevon Temple of Remiem") is an abandoned temple on the eastern side of the Calm Lands in Final Fantasy X. The path to the temple is located near the entrance to the Macalania Woods, but can only be accessed by riding a chocobo.
It is the only remaining sign of a prewar city in the Calm Lands. No living people in Spira continue to visit the temple, and the only inhabitants are the unsent summoner Belgemine and the fayth of the aeon Magus Sisters. The temple is a large and ornate structure, which was once bustling, but became forgotten after Sin tore the earth asunder with the last of its strength while combating High Summoner Gandof. Remiem Temple is surrounded by the same mountain range that Mt. Gagazet belongs to.
Remiem Temple is located in the south-east of the Calm Lands. Follow the uphill cliff towards the east on a chocobo and there will be a yellow chocobo feather there. Use it to drop down below and continue eastward to find the once secret location.
To receive the aeon, the player must complete three challenges:
- After opening the Monster Arena, the player must catch at least one of each kind of fiends on Mt. Gagazet to obtain the Blossom Crown.
- Fight and defeat each of Belgemine's aeons. After defeating her Bahamut, Belgemine will give the party the Flower Sceptre.
- Obtained Anima, the player must first get the six treasures from the temples; Besaid, Kilika, Djose, Macalania, Bevelle and the Zanarkand Ruins. Then the player must obtain Anima to obtain the Magus Sisters.
The player can break the seal guarding the entrance to the Chamber of the Fayth with the items and obtain the Magus Sisters.
In Final Fantasy X-2, the temple has been sealed off.
The Moon SigilEdit
The player can continue to fight Belgemine's aeons (Yojimbo, Anima, and the Magus Sisters will only appear if Yuna already has them). When all the aeons are defeated, Yuna can send Belgemine to the Farplane. After she is gone, Yuna will obtain the Moon Sigil for her Celestial Weapon, Nirvana.
The Chocobo ChallengeEdit
The player rides a chocobo through the maze of platforms below the temple and has to reach the finish mark at the bottom before the opponent chocobo. The first time the player wins the challenge, they will get the Cloudy Mirror which can be upgraded to the Celestial Mirror in Macalania Woods. The chocobo race can be run numerous times for additional prizes, but each prize can only be won once for a total of five prizes. The more chests that are touched, the better the prize. A good strategy for this is to try to obtain 5 chests, then work down, as it gets easier to obtain fewer chests every time.
These prizes are:
- 1 Chest: Elixir
- 2 Chests: Megalixir
- 3 Chests: Wings to Discovery (x30)
- 4 Chests: Pendulum (x30)
- 5 Chests: Three Stars (x60)
If one manages to open all six chests by increasing the chocobo's speed via hacking, the reward is only a Potion, just like when opening the same number of chests twice.
- Lightning Gem x4 (defeat Valefor for first time)
- X-Potion x30 (defeat Belgemine's Ifrit for the first time)
- Chocobo Feather x10 (defeat Belgemine's Ixion for the first time)
- Al Bhed Primer vol. XXIV
- Cloudy Mirror (win the Chocobo race)
- Flower Sceptre (defeat Belgemine's Bahamut)
- Defense Sphere (from Chamber of the Fayth)
- Moon Sigil (obtained by defeating Belgemine's aeons; including Anima, Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters; then sending Belgemine)
|This section of the article is a stub. You can help Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.|
- Valefor (Boss)
- Ifrit (Boss)
- Ixion (Boss)
- Shiva (Boss)
- Bahamut (Boss)
- Yojimbo (Boss)
- Anima (Boss)
- Cindy, Mindy, Sandy (Boss)
"Gloom" is the theme that plays when inside the temple. "Chocobo Jam" plays during the Chocobo Race.