World A (I)
Nova Chrysalia (LR:FFXIII)
The Red Moon is the smaller of the two moons orbiting the Earth in Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. The Lunarians dwell in the Red Moon in their Lunar Sleep, as do the Hummingway and Bahamut. It has eight Crystals.
List of LocationsEdit
- Lunar Tunnel
- Crystal Palace
- Hummingway Home
- Lair of the Father
- Lunar Subterrane
- Lunar Ruins
- Impact Crater (The After Years)
- Challenge Dungeon (The After Years)
Final Fantasy IVEdit
- Eukaryote, Prokaryote x2
- Eukaryote x2, Prokaryote
- Black Flan x2, Lunar Virus x2
- Black Flan x2, Dark Grenade x2
- Prokaryote, Black Flan x2
- Balloon x2, Dark Grenade x2
- Lunar Virus x2, Eukaryote x2, Dark Grenade
The After YearsEdit
- White Mousse x3
- Mors x3
- Balloon x2
- Caterpillar x3
- Purple Bavarois x4
- Coeurl x2
- Purple Bavarois, White Mousse, Black Flan
- Gavel Worm
The Lunar Subterrane stage is based on the Red Moon's surface, and was originally named "Moon Canyon" in Japan. It features the Crystal Palace and the Lunar Whale on its background.
The Red Moon is present returns in Itadaki Street Mobile as a stage.
The Red Moon appears alongside the normal moon in the background during Field Music Sequences for Final Fantasy IV themes.
The Red Moon is the Indian name of the Full Moon seen during the month of August, the full moons names were given in the Farmers' Almanac.
- The world of Terra in Final Fantasy IX may partially be inspired by the Red Moon, as its citizens dwell in a deep sleep similar to the Lunar Sleep, and the planet has a red moon. The planet of Gaia has two moons: its original blue moon, and Terra's red moon.
- A pattern of craters and a rock on the Red Moon resembles a smiling face.