|Final Fantasy XI|
|Notes||Detects by Sound|
Tracks by Scent
|List of Raptor Enemies|
Raptor is a genus of enemies in Final Fantasy XI.
The reptilian answer to the tiger, raptors are agile, fast, and vicious hunters in their own right. Although they are found in several areas such as caves, open wastelands, rugged mountainous terrain, and dense brush, the majority of raptors share the same pale white skin and blue stripes. The species that reside in the woodlands are green to match their surroundings. Their strong hind legs propel them at speeds that make it difficult for prey to escape, but their vestigial wings are too small to provide flight. Whether it be by claw, jaw, tail, or breath attacks, raptors can hold their own if threatened. It is interesting to note that where there are raptors, there are usually cockatrice around, which leads to the speculation that raptors feed on these slower-moving creatures.
As for value, the skin of the raptor is a valuable material to leathercrafters who can synth it into an armor set, as well as a mantle and weapon strap. The skin is also used to make the hilt of several bladed weapons and lining for armor due to its soft, supple texture.
- Hunting Raptor
- Mamool Ja's Raptor
- Molted Lindwurm
- Nival Raptor
- Pit Lindwurm
- Sauromugue Skink
- Woodland Runner
- Daggerclaw Dracos
- Nightmare Raptor
- Raid Raptor
- Thunderbolt Piraal Ja
- Thunderclaw Thuban
- Vagrant Lindwurm
- Zmei Gorynych
- Chomp Rush: Single target threefold attack and Slow.
- Foul Breath: Breath Attack Fire damage and Disease. Used by raptors in dry deserts and mountainous areas.
- Frost Breath: Breath Attack Ice damage and Paralysis. Used by Nival Raptors on the Uleguerand Range and Adasauruses in Abyssea - Ulegeurand.
- Ripper Fang: Single target damage and Slow.
- Scythe Tail: Single target damage, Stun, and Knockback.
- Thunderbolt: Cone Attack Lightning damage and Stun. Used by raptors in stormy areas.