Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Raid Finder is a gameplay mechanic in Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, introduced in Patch 3.3. It facilitates cross-server matchmaking for the most challenging content, and operates independently of the Duty Finder.
Using the Raid FinderEdit
The Raid Finder allows players to register for instanced raids without having to form a party. By selecting a desired raid and matching requirements, players will be matched automatically with other players spanning multiple Worlds within the same data center. The Raid Finder will be unlocked when speaking with the NPC who would normally unlock the entrance to the specified instanced raid. It can then be accessed by speaking with the NPC or via the Duty tab of the Main Menu.
Upon registering for and completing a given Savage raid, your weekly progress will be updated to that point, preventing you from obtaining rewards from previous raids.
The Raid Finder contains additional settings not present in the Duty Finder:
- Matching Requirements: Filters out players by whether they have cleared the instance yet or not.
- Purpose: Defines whether the party's goal is to practice fight mechanics or go for a clear.
- Practice Phase Selection: Defines whether the goal is to practice early or late phase fight mechanics.
When queueing solo or with less than a full party, the Raid finder will match together 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 ranged physical DPS, 1 ranged magical DPS, 1 melee DPS, and 1 other DPS.The fourth, unspecified DPS class or job to be matched will depend on the settings selected when registering for a raid.
- When selecting Duty Completion: The unspecified DPS player cannot be the same class or job as other players to be matched together in a party.
- When selecting Practice: The unspecified DPS player can be the same class or job as other players to be matched together in a party.
As of Patch 3.4, the Raid Finder is used to enter the following instances:
- Alexander - The Eyes of the Creator (Savage)
- Alexander - The Breath of the Creator (Savage)
- Alexander - The Heart of the Creator (Savage)
- Alexander - The Soul of the Creator (Savage)
- The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign
- Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)
- The Minstrel's Ballad: Nidhogg's Rage
- Containment Bay P1T6 (Extreme)