Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
RPG Mode, otherwise known as Command Mode, is a feature in Dissidia Final Fantasy and its sequel, Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy, accessible from the Options menu. An increased AI ability can be bought in the shop by trading in a Rosetta Stone and some gil, and an ability that further increases the AI is available upon mastery of the first. While active, all free-flowing action aspects of the game are removed, and the player's character is controlled from a list of commands that are present on the screen. This leaves the game with only turn-based RPG aspects, and was designed for people without much experience with action RPGs.
The commands available to the player during combat are as follows:
- Fight - Close in on an opponent and use a Bravery attack, where possible. If pressed a second time, the character instantly uses a Bravery attack or Air Dashes if the opponent is out of range.
- Finisher - Close in on an opponent and use an HP attack, where possible. If pressed a second time, the character instantly uses an HP attack or Air Dashes if the opponent is out of range.
- Defend - Close in on an opponent and attempt to block their attacks. If a block is successful, follow up with a Bravery attack. If pressed a second time, the character instantly blocks.
- Summon - Instantly use a summon. Pressing R and Circle has the same effect.
- EX Core - Lock on, reach and obtain the EX Core. Automatically attempts to dodge or block enemy attacks.
- Change - Enter EX Mode. Pressing R and Square has the same effect.
- Numen - Activate their special attack which is only available in EX Mode. Only available for Cecil (Class change), Kain (Lancet), Bartz (Goblin Punch), Golbez (Black Fang), Sephiroth (Heartless Angel), Ultimecia (Time Crush), and Vaan (weapon change).
In addition, if the player holds down the L and R buttons together, the controlled character will enter Flee mode, where he or she will try to distance themselves from their opponent, and attempt to dodge their attacks.
"Numen" is the Roman word for a god or goddess.