Fight using Telekinesis, Teleportation and other psychic abilities.
- —In-Game "Help" Description.
Pure energy... a power beyond all human knowledge!
Prepare to meet your doom!
If you think you're going to survive, think again.
The Psychic (サイキッカー, Saikikkā?), also known as Psychiccer, is a dressphere that appears in the International and HD Remaster versions of Final Fantasy X-2. The girls wear school uniforms and stylized futuristic visors. As the name suggests, Psychic utilizes mental energy and the law of physics to engage in combat. The dressphere's icon is a lightning bolt.
Acquiring the DressphereEdit
Acquiring the dressphere is rather simple: during the player's first trip on board Celsius, Shinra will mention that he has completed his latest invention. The player must then speak to Shinra and choose the Creature Creator! option which is highlighted in green. After the tutorial, the player must win the Standard Cup in the Fiend Arena to receive the dressphere as the reward.
Mastering Psychic requires 760 Ability Points. Psychic abilities cannot be used outside of this dressphere.
|Attack||Initial||N/A||Attack one enemy.||None|
|Psychic Bomb||Initial||10||Damages all enemies.||None|
|Maser Eye||30||18||Damage one enemy.||None|
|Telekinesis||30||12||Instantly defeat one enemy. Sometimes fails.||Mazer Eye|
|Brainstorm||30||18||Inflict Confusion and Silence on all enemies.||Telekinesis|
|Express||40||20||Raise Accuracy, Evasion and cast Haste on the user.||None|
|Teleport||30||N/A||Instantly move behind enemy.||Express|
|Time Trip||100||20||Stop time for everyone except user.||Teleportation|
|Magic Guard||80||28||Nullify magical attacks against user.||Gravity Eater|
|Physics Guard||80||28||Nullify physical attacks against user.||Magic Guard|
|Excellence||120||N/A||Nullify physical and magical attacks against user.||Physics Guard|
|Fire Eater||40||Converts fire damage to HP.||None|
|Ice Eater||40||Converts ice damage to HP.||None|
|Lightning Eater||40||Converts lightning damage to HP.||None|
|Water Eater||40||Converts water damage to HP.||None|
|Gravity Eater||60||Converts gravity damage to HP.||Fire Eater, Ice Eater, Lightning Eater, Water Eater|
The Psychic dressphere returns in Final Fantasy X-2: Last Mission. Multiple copies can be found on the ground inside the tower or bought in shops. It increases Magic by 1 point and Accuracy by 2 points per each level. Its regular attack range is one tile ahead of the character.
|(-)Teleport||2 MP||Instantly moves the character a great distance forward. (Unique)||??? tiles ahead of the character.|
|(M)Psychic Bomb||12 MP||Damages enemies.||Entire room.|
|(-)Telekinesis||3 MP||Warps enemy to another area of the floor.||One tile ahead of the character.|
|Double Gil||50||Doubles earned Gil.||Psychic + Festivalist|
|Evade Traps||75||Traps do not activate under any circumstance.||Psychic + Songstress + Thief|
|Gil for EXP||60||Gain Gil instead of EXP.||Psychic + Gunner|
|Grace Under Pressure||45||Doubles damage dealt when HP is critical.||Psychic + Samurai|
|Immobileproof||40||Prevents the Immobile status.||Psychic + Warrior|
|Impenetrable Front||97||Take 0 damage from frontal attacks.||Psychic + Warrior + Berserker|
psychic is a person who has an ability to perceive information hidden from the normal senses through extrasensory perception (ESP); it can also denote an ability of the mind to influence the world physically using psychokinetic powers.A
- The dressphere has a recurring theme of school outfits. Rikku wears a short skirt and white shirt, bearing resemblance to a school girl. Yuna has a sailor-like outfit, but with a unique skirt. Paine is wearing a version of a boy's uniform.
- The Psychic dressphere can only be obtained once per save file. As the game keeps track of how many times the Fiend Arena Cups have been beaten even in a New Game Plus, it is not possible to get duplicates. The same was true for the Adamantite in the original versions, but in the International version, it can be obtained infinitely, making the Psychic dressphere the only truly unique item in the game.
- Psychic is the only dressphere that allows the user to specifically reposition themselves on the battle field.
- If the party equip Ribbons with this dressphere, they become immune to all attacks, which make the dressphere arguably the most powerful job class aside from Mascot.
- The Psychic's image data is on the North American PS2 disc, despite the dressphere not being available in that version.
- Rikku's victory pose is similar to that of Kefka which he uses in Dissidia Final Fantasy, a game that was released four years later after the International version of Final Fantasy X-2.