The Piscodaemon is a Rank V Mark in Final Fantasy XII found in the Gate of Fire area of Giruvegan. The hunt becomes available after the storyline events at Giruvegan. Originally Piscodaemon was a nu mou named Ashkroft who became a master of the dark arts and was sealed away by the Gran Kiltias Anastasis, but by the time of Anastasis's death, the seal fades and Ashkroft emerges a demon. Three of them are also fought alongside a Tyrant in the Zodiac versions' Trial Mode in Stage 55 where the Black Mask can be rarely stolen from them.
Hunt 28: The Black SorcererEdit
- Petitioner: Ivaness
- Petitioner's Location: Mt Bur-Omisace
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of the Piscodaemon (Rank V). The petitioner is Ivaness on the Temple Grounds on Mt Bur-Omisace.
- Hunt accepted. Ivaness explains that the Piscodaemon is in fact his twin brother, whose lust for power transformed him into a dark, terrible being. He wants you to destroy him before more damage can be done. The Piscodaemon can be found making for the Gate of Fire in Giruvegan.
- Piscodaemon defeated! Report to Ivaness on the Temple Grounds on Mt Bur-Omisace.
- Hunt reported. Ivaness thanks you for striking down his brother lost to darkness.
Being a Nu Mou Male, fallen into dark, sorcerous Ways, and so banished by the Gran Kiltias Anastasis as Punishment for his (now its) Desire for Ultimate Power in Giruvegan. Yet the Strength of the Wards placed upon it failed with the passing of Anastasis, and its Power returned. The Mark's Twin, living on Mt Bur-Omisace, petitioned the hunt for this creature.
Some other monsters will join the fight if Piscodaemon is near them. Piscodaemon likes to cast high level magicks, mostly Darkra and Darkga. Some of his attacks inflict status ailments, most notably Disable. When his HP is left around 20%, Piscodaemon will begin a Physical Anti-Magick. It uses Breakart Pentagram against Espers, often killing them in one hit.
Before fighting Piscodaemon, the player should equip the party with armor that protects against Dark, and accessories that protect against Disable. It is best to defeat the enemies around Piscodaemon before focusing on defeating him, since the Vivians' Putrid Breath can be a serious disadvantage.
If the party doesn't have equipment to protect against Dark, they can simply cast Shell/Shellga. A good first move is to dispel the Piscodaemon. When Piscodaemon begins a Physical Anti-Magick the party must blast him with high-level magicks.
Piscodemons are demons from Dungeons & Dragons.
- Mindflayer (Mark)