|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Phon Coast page!||Please expand this article into a full one. This can be done by Adding a Locations section, with images and brief descriptions of the areas within the location. This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page.|
- “Coastal region lying along the Phon Straits which divide Archadia from Nabradia. Praised for its beautiful beaches of white sand, and lush greenery. A hunter's camp along the coast attracts adventurers and headhunters, forming a community where they might exchange information and rest between expeditions.”
- —Sage Knowledge #58: Phon Coast
The Hunter CampEdit
- “Of the many hunters roaming Ivalice, the best of the best, seeking out the rarest of marks, are known to gather in a camp along the Phon Coast. Unlike clans, the hunters that collect here have no leader, and all information exchanges, activities to support the camp, and payments for such, are handled on an individual basis.”
- —Sage Knowledge #26: The Hunter Camp
The party passes through Phon Coast on their way to Archades, where Ashe wants to destroy the Empire's nethicite with the Sword of Kings. Balthier, who has seen Ashe's interest in the nethicite grow during their journey, stops to warn Ashe of the stones' power while the party takes a break on Phon Coast.
Balthier then goes on to reveal that Dr. Cid is his father and that he used to be a judge before he ran away from Archades to become a sky pirate. He doesn't want Ashe to end up the same way as his father did.
With this in mind, Ashe still decides to carry on her journey, and the party leaves the coast to travel inland toward the capital.
Areas within Phon Coast are:
- Kaukula Pass - leads to the Salikawood, contains a Save Crystal and where the Strahl is berthed.
- The Reseta Strand
- The Mauleia Strand
- Pora-Pora Sands - contains a Chocobo path.
- Cape Tialan
- Cape Uahuk
- The Hakawea Shore - a Wayward Chocobo lurks here.
- Hunter's Camp - contains a Notice Board, Gate Crystal, Chocobo Stables, Item Shop, and the Hunt Club.
- Caima Hills - a Wayward Chocobo lurks here.
- The Vaddu Strand
- Limatra Hills
- Rava's Pass - leads to the Tchita Uplands and contains a Save Crystal.
The Phon Coast has three different weather conditions:
The weather is either sunny or cloudy/rainy. During the cloudy/rainy weather, the weather changes when zoning between areas within the Coast. When it is raining, the Air Elemental is encountered in the Pora-Pora Sands and Limatra Hills areas. Also, when raining, Fire damage is halved and Lightning damage is boosted.
- See also: Treasure (Final Fantasy XII)
Several Hi-Potions and Motes can be found across the Phon Coast. With the Diamond Armlet equipped, the common treasure is a Knot of Rust and the rare treasure is a good healing item, like an Elixir or a high-level Mote (such as the Scathe Mote).
In the Reseta Strand, there is a treasure that spawns in the middle of the northern edge of the area that can have the Metal Jerkin. The Mauleia Strand area has treasure all around its southern edge, and one of them can have the Murasame. In Pora-Pora Sands the treasure in the northeast can have the Aldebaran. Treasure found in the Cape Uahuk area can have the Black Garb and Black Cowl.
In the southeast part of the Cape Tialan area, multiple treasure chests spawn. The player may find the Halberd, Diamond Shield, another Aldebaran, and a Gokuu Pole, among many others. In Caima Hills, there is a treasure chest that spawns a bit off the entrance from Hunters' Camp that may have the Thorned Mace. In Limatra Hills, the treasure chest that spawns nearest to the entrance from Caima Hills can have the Adamant Hat. A treasure chest that spawns near the exit to the Save Crystal area can have the Recurve Crossbow.
The Phon Coast contains a treasure chest that, once claimed, prevents the player from obtaining the Zodiac Spear (one of the game's most powerful weapons) in the Necrohol of Nabudis. The forbidden chest is among 16 chests found on the beach in Vaddu Strand. All the chests contain Knots of Rust so the player can easily ignore them even if only one of them is the forbidden one. The 16 chests on the Phon Coast correspond to the 16 chests in the Necrohol of Nabudis and, once claimed, will disappear from both locations, which is why claiming the treasure at Phon Coast prevents the player from getting the spear at Necrohol of Nabudis.
If the player claims the chests with the Diamond Armlet equipped they contain Dark Matter instead of Knots of Rust. It is advised to first claim the Zodiac Spear and later claim the other chests with the Diamond Armlet equipped, either at the Necrohol or at Phon Coast.
The concept of forbidden chests was removed for the International Zodiac Job System version.
- Main article: Rare Game
A group of unruly bangaa hunters operate out of one of the docked ships. Rather than Marks, they prefer to hunt the more elusive Rare Game. After completing the Mandragora sidequest in the Sochen Cave Palace, they petition Vaan to hunt for them and return with trophies received from defeating the rarest of creatures.
There are 30 Trophies in total and, depending on which bangaa Vaan gives the trophies to, he gets varying rewards for his efforts. The objective is to collect the 30 trophies and trade them to Atak, Stok and Blok to unlock items in the Shifty-Eyed Merchant's store. Unfortunately, since there are only 30 trophies, it is impossible to unlock everything.
- Both Ame-no-Murakumo and Minerva Bustier are received for the price.
Depending on who the player gives the most trophies to, there will be an additional reward after trading in all 30 trophies.
|Atak & Blok||Caldera, Chaperon|
|Atak & Stok||Caldera, Agate Ring|
|Blok & Stok||Chaperon, Agate Ring|
|Atak, Blok & Stok||Caldera, Chaperon, Agate Ring|
If the player visits the Highgarden Terrace in Archades and talks to the Hunt Club Owner, he will reward the player for finding the 30 trophy monsters. Highgarden Terrace is only accessible with a Sandalwood Chop, an item granting its owner access to the higher class areas of Archades.
If the player defeated the Earth Tyrant, Rimzat can be found in the Hunters' Camp and talks about what went on after the Earth Tyrant's death. After the Antlion hunt in the Lhusu Mines has been completed, the Site 11 Key can be found in the Hunters' Camp, next to a fallen Bhujerban. This unlocks a gate in Lhusu Mines to get to the deepest parts of the complex.
Vendor of GoodsEdit
Consult the Weapons article for more information on individual weapons.
Consult the Armor article for more information on individual armor pieces.
Consult the Magick article for more information on individual spells.
Consult the Accessories for more information on individual accessories.
Consult the Items for more information on individual items.
|Eye Drops||50 gil|
|Phoenix Down||250 gil|
|Echo Herbs||50 gil|
|Gold Needle||100 gil|
|Alarm Clock||50 gil|
|Bacchus's Wine||120 gil|
|Smelling Salts||50 gil|
|Chronos Tear||50 gil|
- Bangaa Pirate
- Silver Lobo
- Iguion (Docile)
- Mandragora (Docile)
- White Chocobo
- Air Elemental
- Apsara (Rare)
- Thalassinon (Rare)
- Skullash (Rare)
- Seeq Fisher (Friendly NPC)
|"Phon Coast" in Final Fantasy XII|
|Trouble with the audio sample?|
The theme of Phon Coast is simply called "Phon Coast".
- Note: areas highlighted in red are hidden passages that do not appear on the map.
- The Phon Coast was the first area in the game the fans could play at the 2004 E3 conference. The area is also included in the playable demo released in North America, a year before the game, sporting different enemies than in the final game version.