|Final Fantasy XII Elite Mark|
|Bestiary Location||Elite Marks|
|Location||Subterra (Penumbra*, Hell's Challenge")|
|Common Steal||Windslicer Pinion|
|Uncommon Steal||Eye of the Hawk|
|Rare Steal||Split Armor|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||12 hit-max, Lunge|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Null Knockback, Null EVA, Attack Plus, Parry, Counter, Counter Plus, Elemental Change, Return Damage, Last Stand*|
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Confuse, Sleep, Disease, Reverse, Slow, Disable, Immobilize, Silence, Poison, Sap, Lure, Berserk, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Haste and Bravery|
Phoenix can change elemental characteristics during battle. Phoenix is always weak against one element and absorbs all other elements. Flying enemy.
The Phoenix is an optional boss and an Elite Mark from Final Fantasy XII. It can be found in the Pharos at Ridorana, Subterra. Just like others of its kind, Phoenix is a flying enemy, so the party must use ranged weapons, magick, or the Technick Telekinesis.
Hunt 44: God Or Devil? Edit
- Main article: Shadowseer#Hunt 44: God or Devil?
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of the Seer (Rank 6). The petitioner is Montblanc in the clan hall in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. A being claiming to be a god, the Seer, has been creating trouble. This "god" is to be found in the Pharos at Ridorana.
- Shadowseer defeated! Report to Montblanc in the clan hall.
- Hunt reported. Montblanc was happy to see another megalomaniacal entity brought to its knees.
Genus: Rank VI Mark
Being a legendary Avion said to have been tasked with the Protection of the southern Lands by the Gods themselves. Its Body is covered in Feathers of rich Amber, and its Head is adorned with elegant Horns. Called the Firebird for the way it flames when climbing into the Sky, and revered as an Anima of the Sun.
It is useful to be at least 5 - 6 levels higher than the Phoenix, have strong ranged weapons, strong armor, and Gambits set for Arise, Curaja, Steal and the highest Black Magick spells available up to this point. Dispel assists, and Scathe and Scourge help in bringing it down. Phoenix can Shift its elemental weakness, so one must pay attention to what element is hurting it. The party can cast Oil on it with the Nihopalaoa Remedy/Handkerchief trick, and concentrate on using Fire. With this strategy it helps to equip the Flame Staff, as it has affinity to Fire. Like the Garuda, Phoenix is weak against Eksir Berries.
- Phoenix, along with the other three bosses Shadowseer summons, references the Sì Xiàng, four mythical Chinese beasts that correspond to the four directions of the compass. Phoenix refers to the Vermillion Bird of the South.