Trapped between dimensions, time has stopped in this town.
- —Phantom Village Resident
Phantom Village (蜃気楼の町, Shinkirō no Machi?), also known as Mirage village, is a town in the merged world in Final Fantasy V. It is referred to as The Town that Time Forgot because the town was caught in an Interdimensional Rift over 1,000 years ago.
Phantom Village is unique in being the only town in the game not represented by a "town icon", instead just being situated in the center of a patch of forest. The best items, weapons, armor, and magic can be bought in this town, though it may not seem so at first. Each establishment has two vendors, one which sells fair items, the second selling rare items. The catch is in locating the second vendor, as they are hidden and difficult to get to.
A building in the town contains a door that appears sealed. When exploring the Interdimensional Rift, the player enters the time-frozen town through this door.
The last piano is in Phantom Village. The player must head to the pub but not go in, instead, head behind it, and go down to get behind the pub's counter. The door on the left leads outside, and heading down will come to a door. Inside, the player will arrive at some steps. The player should head down to reach the wall and turn left and press against the wall to reach a room that has steps leading up. It leads to the black chocobo. Before getting on the chocobo, the player can press against the left wall of the room that leads to it, and the last piano is in the next room.
If the player played all the previous ones, the party leader will play an excerpt from Debussy's "Arabesque No. 1".
Secret Vendors and EntrancesEdit
The shops and almost all areas in Phantom Village have hidden passages, leading to hidden vendors.
In the Phantom Village, there is a secret door in every building, except for the inn. They have secret vendors in some of them, which sell rare items.
- Pub - The player must go around the top of pub outside, there's a secret entrance behind the building.
- Armor Shop - Inside the building, the player must press Confirm on the box to the left of the entrance, and the counter will open up, revealing a secret path.
- Weapon Shop - The player must take the secret entrance to the pub, go south of town after using a secret exit, and go into the small building southwest of town. The player must go down the stairs, then go down to a locked door, and go north on the path to the right.
- Magic Shop - Instead of going into the shop, the player must go left from the entrance, and go around back. There is a secret entrance there.
|Thief Knife||In the Pub, hidden in the barrels behind the counter.|
|Mirage Vest||Person under the Pub; player must talk to the person and then ride Boko around the world once, and talk to the person again.|
|"Sealed Book" from Final Fantasy V|
|Trouble with the audio sample?|
The background theme that plays at the Phantom Village is called "Sealed Book".
- When trying to enter the village, sometimes a battle intro may play with sound and visual effects, but if the player was lucky at the moment of search, they are taken to the village instead of the battle.
- The Forgotten Springs in Thanalan in Final Fantasy XIV is a small village of female miqo'tes dressing in ancient outfits, similar to the villagers of Mirage Village.