|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Paramina Rift page!|
Please expand this article into a full one. This can be done by Adding a Locations section, with images and brief descriptions of the areas within the location. This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page.
In Final Fantasy XII, The Paramina Rift is located on Jagd Ramooda, to the northeast of the Ozmone Plain, and is only accessible via the Golmore Jungle. Mt. Bur-Omisace lies to the north of the mountain range. To the west, the Rift connects with the Feywood, and the Stilshrine of Miriam is accessible to the south.
- “Comprising a great ravine running through the mountains of the Jagd Ramooda, this is a barren land covered in hoarfrost and deep snows. The spent shells of airships hang in the frozen river, and here and there can be seen the ruins of great cities built during the years of the Galtean Alliance. Many are the scholars who believe that the Paramina Rift was once a rich and verdant land, and that a climate change brought about by Mist made it into the cold, harsh jagd we see today.”
- —Sage Knowledge 77, Paramina Rift
Paramina Rift has three different weather conditions:
- Cloudy (sky is grey, snow specks in the air)
When the Paramina Rift is in a blizzard, entering the Frozen Brook area resets the weather to cloudy. Ice Elementals come out during cloudy weather in the Frozen Brook and Silverflow's End areas, a Leshach Entite is encountered during a blizzard in the Head of the Silverflow and Icebound Flow areas, and the mark Fafnir appears in Silverflow's End only during a blizzard.
In Freezing Gorge there is a treasure that spawns 50% of the time, has 50% chance to contain gil, but when it is an item, it can be either Golden Armor or Serpent Rod. The treasure respawns, so the player may try it repeatedly. In the Frozen Brook area, the treasure that spawns nearest to the northern exits may contain the Quasimodo Boots. The treasure to the east and north may have the Golden Helm, the treasure in the middle is Bangle unless it is gil, and the treasure in the southwest can have the Musk Stick.
In Icebound Flow, the treasure that spawns between the two northern exits may have the Glacial Staff. The treasure right before exit to Feywood can have the Ice Shield. In Karydine Glacier, the player may find another Glacial Staff in the northeast dead-end above the frozen river. The treasures in the southeast and southwest may have gambits for attacking foes that are weak or vulnerable to Ice.
- Fading Vale (to Golmore Jungle)
- Head of the Silverflow
- Icebound Flow (to the Feywood)
- Frozen Brook
- Freezing Gorge (to Mt Bur-Omisace)
- Karydine Glacier
- Path of the Firstfall
- Spine of the Icewyrm
- Silverflow's End (to the Stilshrine of Miriam)
- White Wolf
- Baritine Croc
- Wild Onion (Docile)
- Slaven Warder
- Emperor Aevis
- Dark Skeleton
- Skull Knight
- Ice Elemental
- Leshach Entite (Blizzard only)
- Ancbolder (Rare)
- Anchag (Rare)
- Fafnir (Mark, Blizzard only)
- Feral Retriever (Mark)
- Trickster (Elite Mark)
- “Snowbound chasm in the northeastern reaches of Kerwon. The holy mountain of Kiltia, Bur-Omisace, rises nearby, welcoming pilgrim and refugee alike.”
- —In-game description
In Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, the party revisits the Paramina Rift after they learn the true location of the Judge of Wings.
Mission 36: Ye Who RestEdit
- “The Judge of Wings was sighted in the cold wastes of the Paramina Rift, but why has she traveled to this frozen place? What connection does she bear to those who rest here?”
Mydia travels to the Paramina Rift to view the war memorial to her fallen love, Velis, who died at Battle of Nalbina Fortress. As the party approaches, Mydia taunts and incapacitates Basch, saying he is responsible for the deaths of so many of the soldiers now honored on the memorial. Basch breaks through Mydia's spell and says he can do nothing now but atone for his sins and put the dead to rest. Mydia departs, leaving the party to deal with a horde of undead monsters.
- Silk Coat
- Winged Helm
- Destrier Mane/Dragon Whisker
Mission 74: Dance of the DeadEdit
- “A scion in the Paramina Rift calls forth legions of the dead. Though they are loath to tread so close to holy Bur-Omisace, they are powerless to resist their master's command. They long only for rest...”
The scion Zalera is battled in this mission, flanked by a massive number of undead creatures. Upon his defeat, he is summonable on the Ring of Pacts, and Basch gains his Quickening, Apocalypse Shield.
- 22,500 gil
- Oakwood Stick/Oakwood Log
- “Open battle against foes who summon wave after wave of Yarhi.”
- 12,500 gil
- Death Powder/Soul Powder
- Note: areas highlighted in red are hidden passages that do not appear on the map.