Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 44: God or Devil? Edit
- Petitioner: Montblanc
- Petitioner's Location: Rabanastre/The Clan Hall
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of the Seer (Rank VI). The petitioner is Montblanc in the clan hall in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. A being claiming to be a god, the Seer, has been creating trouble. This "god" is to be found in the Pharos at Ridorana.
- Shadowseer defeated! Report to Montblanc in the clan hall.
- Hunt reported. Montblanc was happy to see another megalomaniacal entity brought to its knees.
Bestiary entry Edit
'Being a Titantoise with the Aspect of a giant Boulder, set to the great Purpose of purging a Shrine in the Far North of an infestation of wicked Creatures. The Surface of its mighty Shell is encrusted with hardened Lava, and its Legs are forever in Shadow. In the North, it is called the Darktoise for its Coloration, and it is revered as an Anima of Shadow.
Pandaemonium has a rather high Defense, but Reddas will be fighting alongside the party. Pandaemonium has two attacks that should be handled cautiously: Flash and Stone Gaze. Flash hits multiple times and has a chance of inflicting Blind, while Stone Gaze inflicts Petrify. The characters will receive damage every time they hit it.
Like other turtle-kind monsters, Pandaemonium can execute Power Spin, which damages all characters and has a chance of inflicting Slow, as well as Flatten, which causes considerable damage. Flatten does not inflict any status ailments.
The party should dispel its positive buffs and start attacking. It is advisable to berserk Reddas. During Pandaemonium's paling, the player should re-buff the party and pay attention to Pandaemonium's attacks.
If the player has a low enough level character, the Accuracy underflow bug can be used to continuously inflict Confuse on Pandaemonium, making the battle trivial.
Pandæmonium comprises the Greek words pan, "all", and daimonion, "demon"; it can roughly be translated as "all demons". Pandæmonium is the castle of Lucifer and the capital of Hell in John Milton's Paradise Lost, and the word was invented by him. The word has also come to mean any wild disorder or chaos in English.
- Pandaemonium, along with the other three bosses that Shadowseer summons, refer to the Sì Xiàng, four mythical Chinese beasts that correspond to the four directions of the compass. Pandaemonium refers to the Black Tortoise of the North (Xuan Wu).