Omega Mk.II is an optional superboss in the Advance and mobile/Steam versions of Final Fantasy V, found in the Sealed Temple's Tomb of Memory. The basic difference between Omega and Omega Mk.II is that the latter can change its elemental weakness.
Defeating Omega Mk.II in the mobile/Steam version earns the player the achievement "Mechanical Warrior II".
Omega Mk.II changes its elemental weakness as soon as it is hit by it, and has Auto-Reflect. Omega Mk.II is weak against Stop. Atomic Ray and Flamethrower are Fire-elemental attacks and thus can be absorbed with the correct equipment. Earthquake is a ground-based attack and will miss on floating targets. Remedy, used as a counter for Rapid Fire, heals Omega fully, unless it is used right after Omega Mk.II has used Search, in which case Omega Mk.II uses Remedy as a counter, not on itself, but on the character it has targeted.
Encircle ejects a character from battle.
- 1st turn: Atomic Ray (33%) OR Delta Attack (33%) OR Blaster (33%)
- 2nd turn: Wave Cannon (66%?)
- 3rd turn: Rainbow Wind (33%) OR Flamethrower (33%) OR Atomic Ray (33%)
- 4th turn: Wave Cannon (??%)
- 5th turn: Delta Attack (33%) OR Blaster (33%) OR Wave Cannon (33%) + Maelstrom (33%) OR Earthquake (33%) OR Rainbow Wind (33%)
- 6th turn: Search (??%)
- 7th turn: Target: "Searched" character; Rainbow Wind (33%) OR Flame Thrower (33%) OR Atomic Ray (33%)
- When hit by a weakness: Barrier Change (100%)
- When hit by Rapid Fire: Remedy (33%) OR Encircle (33%) OR Nothing (33%)
- When hit by anything else involving direct HP damage: Rocket Punch (66%) OR Mustard Bomb (33%) + Rocket Punch (66%) OR Encircle (33%)
Player should treat this fight as if they were facing the regular Omega, but should avoid using elemental attacks (via the aid of Spellblade) unless player knows what Omega Mk.II's weakness is. The player can use Flare with Spellblade freely as it's non-elemental magic. Due to the boss's Reflect status, the only way to know its weakness is to bounce Libra off a character with Reflect. Using the Dragon's Kiss Mix item on party members can also render most of Omega Mk.II's counter attacks useless.
Romeo's Ballad works against this iteration of Omega as well.
Omega (capital: Ω, lowercase: ω; Greek Ωμέγα) is the twenty-fourth and last letter of the Greek alphabet. It is synonymous with a set's end or limit.