Omega is a Notorious Monster in the Final Fantasy XI expansion pack Chains of Promathia. He enters the storyline in Mission 6-2 One to be Feared, and this is an adequate description. After facing the quintuplet group Mammet-22 Zeta, players have to defeat Omega, who takes the form of a quadruped "Biotechnological Weapon." He has about 14,000 HP and is very resistant to all damage. He is notably smaller than a lot of other Final Fantasy Omega weapons, as he fits on the deck of an airship with ease.
Omega fights like other large dragon types, not always turning to face the player who has the greatest enmity, but instead just hitting with the nearest limb. As its hitpoints decrease, his rate of attack will increase and he will start to use ever more powerful Weapon Skills against the party.
Using a CCB Polymer Pump, a crafted item, will prevent Omega from using any Weapon Skills against the party for a period of about 1 minute. The pumps are quick to use, requiring only 3 seconds or less.
If the players are successful in defeating Omega, they can move on to face Ultima. All three encounters (the Mammets, Omega, and Ultima) must be defeated within the span of 45 minutes, which can be rather challenging, since this time also includes more than a couple cutscenes as the party searches for Prishe.
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
Omega has no known strengths or weaknesses to any element.
- Hyper Pulse: AoE damage, (Gravity and short Bind)
- Rear Lasers: Damage and Petrification, used when someone behind Omega gets hate
- Ion Efflux: Cone Attack Paralysis
- Target Analysis: AoE Absorb-ALL, absorbed by Utsusemi
- Guided Missile: Targeted AoE (and Bind), absorbed by Utsusemi
Additionally, these weapon skills may be used below 25% HP.
- Discharger: Shock Spikes and Magic Shield. Used at low HP.
- Pile Pitch: Reduces the target's HP to 5% of its current value and resets hate.
Omega (capital: Ω, lowercase: ω; Greek Ωμέγα) is the twenty-fourth and last letter of the Greek alphabet. It is synonymous with a set's end or limit.