|Balthier: I’m afraid the jury’s still out on that one.|
|This article is about a location from a game that's still to be released. As such, some of the information might be inaccurate or likely to change.|
World A (I)
- "Nova Chrysalia, a world diseased by Chaos. Made up of four regions, a monorail provides transportation for travel throughout this realm. Lightning, the protagonist, begins her final adventure in this plague-ridden land devoid of hope. However, her journey won't be long, as the Chaos has bled through the soil, drawing near the world's end."
- —Official description.
Nova Chrysalia is the main setting of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. After the events of Final Fantasy XIII-2, the chaos of Valhalla flows into the mortal world through Etro's Gate as a result of the goddess's death.
Gran Pulse and Valhalla blend together to form Nova Chrysalia, the world in which Lightning finds herself upon awakening from crystal stasis five centuries later. As a result of Valhalla's chaos, Nova Chrysalia decays and faces Armageddon in thirteen days.
Located in the Sea of Chaos, Nova Chrysalia is comprised of four continents connected by monorail. Nova Chrysalia is surrounded by a beautiful lagoon whose waters fall into an endless abyss. Two of its continents are urbanized with cities, and the other two have natural terrain. Nova Chrysalia features plains, deserts, wilderness, rocky terrain, and ruins, as well as sites originally seen on both Gran Pulse and in Valhalla.
Since Gran Pulse is the original form of Nova Chrysalia, the last remaining bit of land makes up the world. The architecture of the urban areas of Nova Chrysalia have gothic, mechanical, and fantasy elements.
Other than the world decaying, another side effect of Valhalla's chaos is the disruption of the cycle of life itself. New children cannot be born and people don't die naturally from aging and anyone who questions it or tries to discover the truth behind it is silenced. Another side effect of chaos infecting the world, people's hearts have become burdened and have become hopeless or been corrupted by chaos.
List of Areas in Nova ChrysaliaEdit
- Luxerion, the largest city in Nova Chrysalia.
- Etro's Shrine, which was originally found in Valhalla.
- Bhunivelze, Hope Estheim's new Cocoon that temporarily floated above Gran Pulse in 500 AF.
- Dead Dunes, a region filled with large deserts and ancient ruins.
Nova Chrysalia was originally called Novus Partus (ノウス゠パルトゥス, Nousu Parutusu?). Novus Partus means "New Offspring" in Latin.
- The concept artwork of Nova Chrysalia present on the official Japanese site has animated water.
|This article is a stub about a location in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. You can help Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.|
|Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII|
|Main playable character|
|Bhunivelze - Chocolina - Etro - Hope Estheim - Lumina - Noel Kreiss - Serah Farron - Snow Villiers|
|Bhunivelze - Dead Dunes - Luxerion - Wildlands - Coliseum|
|Chocobo - Cie - Oracle Drive - Order|
|Break - Knockdown - Lightspeed - Style|
|"Blinded By Light" - "Will to Fight"|
|Abilities - Achievements and Trophies - Characters - Enemies - Translations - Garb - Quests - Wallpapers|