North Shroud is a location in Final Fantasy XIV.
Part of it serves as a starting zone for players who begin in Gridania.
The North Shroud is situated in the northwestern reaches of the Black Shroud, just west of Gridania proper.
The only Aetheryte is located at Fallgourd Float, roughly at the center of the map.
Central Shroud contains the following areas:
- Treespeak - Low level area in the east, next to Gridania.
- Peacegarden – Northeastern section.
- Alder springs – A rugged area to the west devoid of living trees.
- Proud Creek - Northern section with high-level enemies.
A hamlet tucked away in Peacegarden.
A village built over Proud Creek.
North Shroud's climate may exhibit any of the following weather conditions:
- Clear Skies
- Tension (only when Odin is roaming the Black Shroud)
Places of InterestEdit
A chocobo ranch located just outside the Yellow Serpent Gate.
A mining camp set up in the hills southwest of Fallgourd Float.
This colossal Allagan device fell from Dalamud when it broke apart as Bahamut broke free of his bindings. Measuring hundreds of yalms across, this was one of five such restraints used on the Elder Primal, and now remains permanently embedded in the Black Shroud's landscape.
Ixali Logging GroundsEdit
Situated on the shore of Lake Tahtotl, the Ixal continually take lumber from the outskirts of the Black Shroud (and certainly without permission). The lumber is eventually transported via balloncraft to their homeland in the mountains.
- Little Ladybug
- Ground Squirrel
- Midge Swarm
- Ixali Dulltalon
- Ixali Lostwing
- Ixali Slowbeak
- Clay Golem
- Shroud Hare
- Yarzon Scavenger
- Ixali Deftalon
- Ixali Lightwing
- Ixali Straightbeak
- Lesser Kalong
- Ixali Boldwing
- Ixali Swiftbeak
- Ixali Windtalon
- Phecda (B-Rank Elite Mark)
- Girtab (A-Rank Elite Mark)
- Thousand-Cast Theda (S-Rank Elite Mark)