The Nintendo DS, sometimes abbreviated NDS or DS, is a handheld game console developed and manufactured by Nintendo released in 2004.The console features a clamshell design, with two LCD screens inside - the bottom of which is a touch-sensitive screen.
The Nintendo DS Lite, released in 2006, is a slimmer, more lightweight redesign of the earlier Nintendo DS model with a backlit screen; aesthetically sleeker to complement Nintendo's Wii, and to appeal to broader commercial audiences. The Nintendo DS has sold over 100.000 copies worldwide.
The Nintendo DSi, released in 2009 (2008 in Japan), is an even slimmer model than the Lite Model. Changes to the DSi are greater than the previous Lite model as it features two interactive digital cameras, an SD card slot, internal memory, and an online store as well as an internet browser built-in. However, unlike the previous DS models, the DSi does not have a Game Boy Advance slot. A larger version of the DSi called the Nintendo DSi XL (Nintendo DSi LL in Japan) was released worldwide in 2010. It has the same capabilities of a normal Nintendo DSi, but with a much larger screen, thus making the screen almost as large as the PlayStation Portable's screen.
The DS line is the predecessor for the Nintendo 3DS, released in 2011.
Final Fantasy Titles for Nintendo DSEdit
- Final Fantasy III (2006)
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (2006)
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (2007)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (2007)
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (2007)
- Final Fantasy IV (2007)
- Shido to Chokobo no Fushigi na Danjon Toki Wasure no Meikyū DS+ (2008) (Japan only)
- Chocobo to Mahou no Ehon: Majo to Shoujo to Go-nin no Yuusha (2008) (Japan only)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (2009)
- Blood of Bahamut (2009) (Japan only)
- SaGa 2: Hihō Densetsu Goddess of Destiny (2009) (Japan only)
- Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (2009)
Special editions of the console have been released along the games' respective releases in Japan.
- Wikipedia: Nintendo DS
- Wikipedia: Nintendo DS Lite
- Wikipedia: Nintendo DSi
- Wikipedia: Nintendo DSi XL
|Platforms and Systems related to Final Fantasy|
|Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) - Nintendo GameCube (GameCube) - Ouya - PlayStation (PS/PSOne) - PlayStation 2 (PS2) - PlayStation 3 (PS3) - PlayStation 4 (PS4) - Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) - Wii - Wii U - Xbox 360 - Xbox One|
|Game Boy (GB) - Game Boy Advance (GBA) - Nintendo DS (NDS) - Nintendo 3DS - PlayStation Portable (PSP) - PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) - Pocket Station - WonderSwan Color|
|Mobiles and Tablets|
|Android - Panasonic FOMA P900iV - iOS - Windows Phone|
|MSX - Microsoft Windows|
|App Store - Google Play - G-Cluster - PlayOnline - PlayStation Network - Steam - Square Enix Online Store - Wii Shop Channel - Xbox Games Store|