- “Ninjutsu... It seems similar to black magic, yet somehow different.”
- Flame – The Fire Ninjutsu, also known as Fire Veil and Katon.
- Blitz – The Lightning Ninjutsu, also known as Raijin, Raiton, and Lightning.
- Flood – The Water, occasionally Ice, Ninjutsu, also known as Suiton.
- Frost – The Ice Ninjutsu, also known as Hyoton.
- Tremor – The Earth Ninjutsu, also known as Doton.
- Gale – The Wind Ninjutsu, also known as Fujin, Fuujin, and Wind Slash.
- Heal Pill – A healing Ninjutsu, it restores the target's HP. It has an upgraded form called Heal Salve.
- Smoke – A Ninjutsu that creates clouds of smoke, allowing the party to Flee from battle safely. Also called Smoke Bomb.
- Shadowbind – A Ninjutsu that paralyzes the target.
- Mirage – Acting similarly to the Blink spell, it creates illusory copies of the user to avoid physical attacks.
- Main article: Ninjutsu (Final Fantasy IV)
Ninjutsu, also known as Ninja and Ninja Magic in other translations, is Edge's special magic in the game. It combines aspects of White and Black Magic, but focuses primarily on Black Magic. The Ninjutsu command's Charge Time varies, and its charge time it taken from the spell the player selects to cast.
In the Nintendo DS version Edge learns three new Ninjutsu: Tremor, an Earth-elemental attack, Frost, an Ice-elemental attack, and Gale, a Wind-elemental attack. Edge learns new Ninjutsu techniques as he levels up, with the exception of Flood and Blitz, which he learns after going into a rage at Rubicante after his parents had died at the hands of Dr. Lugae.
Ninjutsu returns in the sequel of Final Fantasy IV, and its Edge exclusive ability. It has the same spells as those found in the prequel and functions the same way.
- Main article: Ninjutsu (The After Years)
Ninjutsu spells return in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. Ninjutsu works in the same way as in the original Final Fantasy IV. The Ninjutsu command's Charge Time varies, and its charge time it taken from the spell the player selects to cast. The new characters Izayoi, Gekkou, Zangetsu, and Tsukinowa can now use Ninjutsu in addition to Edge.
There are also new, more powerful spells and new healing spells that have been added to the Ninjutsu arsenal. Each of the five Ninja has his or her own individual Ninjutsu spell list, with some spells being available or unavailable to certain characters.
- Main article: Ninjutsu (Final Fantasy XI)
Ninjutsu comes in three different forms, enfeebling, enhancing, and offensive, although unlike White and Black magic, the form of Ninjutsu has no significance: they all are based on a single magic skill called Ninjutsu skill. The most commonly used Ninjutsu are Utsusemi: Ichi and Utsusemi: Ni, which allow a ninja to absorb a number of attacks equal to the number of copy images. Utsusemi forms the basis of a ninja tank.
While not appearing as an actual skillset, two Ninjutsu abilities, Flame and Flood, appear as locked abilities for the Purple Lightning garb which is available through a side quest in Luxerion. While both abilities share the same animations with Firaga and Blizzaga respectively, they deal physical damage and Flood deals ice-attribute damage instead of water-elemental since the element only appeared in Final Fantasy XIII. Another two Ninjutsu abilities, Lightning and Wind Slash, appear as locked abilities for the Blue Mage garb. While both abilities share the same animations with Thundaga and Aeroga respectively, they deal physical damage.
- Main article: Ninjutsu (Tactics Advance)
The Ninja uses an ability called Ninja Skill, which includes Throw and a variety of elemental status-inflicting "Veil" attacks. There are five veil spells, each corresponding to one of the traditional Chinese elements (Fire, Water, Metal, Wood, and Earth).
- Main article: Ninjutsu (Tactics A2)
The Ninja makes another appearance. This time, the class ability is named Ninjutsu. It uses the same moves as in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.
Ninjutsu is the fixed command of the Ninja job.
- Main article: Ninjutsu (Dimensions)
Ninjutsu is the default skillset of the Ninja class, though for any other class to use it the player must level the class up to level 1. It requires 2 slots to equip and use, and allows access to various elemental and status abilities.
Ninjutsu is Onion Knight's exclusive Level 40 ability. During BMS, whenever a boss enters the stage, the ability activates and physically damages them, doing more damage the higher Onion Knight's HP and Agility are. Ninjutsu costs 18 CP to equip.
Ninjutsu sometimes used interchangeably with the term ninpō is the martial art, strategy, and tactics of unconventional warfare and guerrilla warfare as well as the art of espionage purportedly practiced by the shinobi (commonly known outside of Japan as ninja).