Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Naraka is a family of enemies in Final Fantasy XI.
Special Attacks Edit
The special attacks available to any given Naraka-class monster vary depending on whether it is in Raksha stance or Yaksha stance. Most Naraka can switch stances at will, but some have only one stance or the other. Besides changing attack modes, the stances also switch whether the Naraka is more vulnerable to magical or physical attacks.
Stance changing abilities are:
- Raksha Stance: Magic damage taken by the Naraka is cut by 50% and Raksha stance abilities become available to use. In addition, three beneficial status effects are dispelled for all players in an area around the Naraka, and the Naraka erases all harmful status on it.
- Yaksha Stance: Physical damage taken by the Naraka is cut by 50% and Yaksha stance abilities become available to use. In addition, three beneficial status effects are dispelled for all players in an area around the Naraka, and the Naraka erases all harmful status on it.
Raksha stance abilities are:
- Raksha: Judgment: Area of effect magic damage, additional effect Silence, Amnesia, and Bind status.
- Raksha: Illusion: Conal damage, Paralyze and Curse (-50% HP and MP) status.
- Raksha: Vengeance: Area of effect magic damage, Muddle and 1 minute Weakened status. Only used under 50% HP.
Yaksha stance abilities are:
- Yaksha: Damnation: Physical damage in a conal area.
- Yaksha: Bliss: Physical damage in a conal area with additional effect Attack Down and Magic Attack Down.
- Yaksha: Oblivion: Area of effect heavy physical damage, hate reset, with additional effect all stats down -110. Only used under 50% HP.
Besides their stance abilities, Naraka do not have job abilities but always have potent spellcasting abilities—mostly from black magic. Naraka spells exclusively focus on harming or hindering others.
Some Naraka may have one or more of the following abilities in addition to stance abilities and magic:
- Sakra Storm: Area of effect moderate damage, hate reset, inflicts Zombie, Paralyzed, and Muddle status.
- Yama's Judgment: Area of effect physical damage and special Doom status that starts counting down from 5 instead of 10.
Naraka (नरक) is the Sanskrit word for the Underworld. According to some schools of Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism, Naraka is a place of torment, or Hell.
Rakshasa are gigantic demons from Hindu and Buddhist mythology. They are powerful beings aligned with evil, who live on human flesh and spoiled food. The creatures make an important appearance in the epic of Ramayana.
Yaksha is the name of a broad class of nature-spirits, usually benevolent, who are caretakers of the natural treasures hidden in the earth and tree roots. They appear in Hindu, Jain and Buddhist mythology. A yakshini is the female counterpart of the male yaksha, and they both attend on Kubera (also called Kuber), the Hindu god of wealth who rules in the mythical Himalayan kingdom of Alaka. They resemble that of fairies.
In Hinduism, Yama is the god of death and the ruler of the departed. Mentioned by the Buddha in the Pali canon, Yama subsequently entered Buddhist, Chinese, Tibetan, Korean, and Japanese mythology as a wrathful god.