Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Able to enchant swords, these magical warriors automatically cast Shell when HP is low.
The Mystic Knight (魔法剣士, Mahō Kenshi?, lit. Magic Fencer), also known as Sorcerer, is a job in Final Fantasy V obtained after the Water Crystal shatters. Mystic Knight centers around giving elemental or status properties to augment the user's physical abilities, giving physical attackers an edge against their enemies. Mystic Knights boast the second highest Agility, and their Magic Power is slightly higher than the Freelancer's.
The Mystic Knight's Strength and Stamina lack behind other similar jobs, such as Knight and Dragoon. The other downside is that to use any of their abilities, the player must have learned the corresponding spell. For instance, if the player does not have the Flare spell, Mystic Knights will be unable to use Flare Sword.
As a Mystic Knight, the character wears clothes similar to warriors from the Middle East, including turbans for the men and veils for the lower face for females. Lenna's costume is more revealing, resembling a belly dancer's attire. Krile seems to have a Hindu bindi. The male costumes have a resemblance to Minwu from Final Fantasy II.
- Job command - Spellblade
- Innate abilities - Magic Shell
- Equipment - Knives, Swords, Shields, Heavy Helmets, Clothes, Heavy Armor, Gauntlets
Spellblade allows the Mystic Knight to charge their sword with a spell. Status effect charged blades will incur that status 100% of the time as long as the attack connects, and attack-charged blades will do powerful, defense-ignoring damage to enemies weak to that element (or in the case of the strongest abilities, even instantly kill any non-heavy enemy it hits), or just plain high damage to everything in the case of Flare Sword. The effect lasts until the end of battle. Magic Shell casts Shell automatically on the Mystic Knight when they are in HP Critical condition.
Spellblade abilities give characters the Mystic Knight's base Strength and Magic based on the following formulae:
- Strength = Mystic Knight Strength - 2 * (7 - Mystic Knight Job Level)
- Magic = Mystic Knight Magic - 2 * (7 - Mystic Knight Job Level)
The value of the base Magic granted this way is capped at the Mystic Knight's base.
Thus the base Strength and Magic stats for a character with Spellblade equipped would be as follows:
- Level 1 = It's not normally possible to equip Spellblade with a level 1 Mystic Knight.
- Level 2 = 15 base Strength and 30 base Magic.
- Level 3 = 17 base Strength and 30 base Magic.
- Level 4 = 19 base Strength and 30 base Magic.
- Level 5 = 21 base Strength and 30 base Magic.
- Level 6 = 23 base Strength and 30 base Magic.
- Level 7 = 25 base Strength and 30 base Magic.
The Spellblade abilities themselves also increase damage as follows:
- Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Poison: 2x damage when striking an elemental weakness
- Fira/Blizzara/Thundara: 3x damage when striking an elemental weakness
- Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga/Bio/Holy: Instant death when striking an elemental weakness unless the enemy is heavy-type. 4x damage when striking an elemental weakness on a heavy-type enemy.
- Flare: Grants 100 bonus attack power against all enemies, and treats them as if their defense were 1/4 as high
When striking an enemy that resists, is immune to, or absorbs the element of the Spellblade, the damage will be reduced, nullified, or reversed, just like a magic spell.
The base stats for Mystic Knights are:
- Strength: +14
- Agility: +14
- Stamina: +14
- Magic: +1