- “Dear Mother, it is long since I have seen you. How have you been? Each dawn reminds me of home, and each sunset gives me hope. There has been much hardship, but every time I reach a summit, splendid sights stretch out beneath me. That is what keeps me moving forward. Please take care. I will write again.”
- —Narration, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Mount Vellenge is located in The Abyss. The meteor that brought miasma into the world rests at the top.
The first half of the dungeon is a volcanic, rocky environment. The second half, the mountain's peak, is much more snowy and cavernous. This is one of the the only dungeons with no Myrrh Tree at the end.
At the end of the dungeon, the Tipa Caravan face off with the Meteor Parasite. When defeated, the party is taken to the Nest of Memories for the final battle.
- Death Knight
- Shade (Regular, Mace, and Spear variations)
- Tentacle (Dark, Fire, Ice, and Lightning variations)
*Since Mount Vellenge is the final dungeon, it has only one cycle.
- Meteor Parasite (Three phases/forms)
The background music for Mount Vellenge is an fast-paced tune called "Across the Divide".