Motomu Toriyama (鳥山 求, Toriyama Motomu?) is a Japanese game director and scenario writer who has been working for Square Enix since 1994. He initially worked on event scenes in Bahamut Lagoon and Final Fantasy VII. Toriyama started directing with Final Fantasy X and has continued with Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XIII and its sequels Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
Motomu Toriyama joined Square in 1994. At the time, Square was on the process of creating Final Fantasy VII. Toriyama was placed under the authority of Yoshinori Kitase, who decided Toriyama's role as event planner for the early parts of that game. Toriyama wrote and directed many of the scenes revolving around Cloud Strife and Aerith Gainsborough. He tried to make Aerith an important character to the player to maximize the impact of her death.
Works within the seriesEdit
- ↑ 『ライトニング リターンズ ファイナルファンタジーXIII』開発者・宣伝担当インタビュー (Accessed: May 19, 2017) at Famitsu.com
- ↑ FF Committee members
- ↑ http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/03/final-fantasy-anniversary-interview-toryiama-speaks/
- ↑ Final Fantasy VII Credits
- ↑ Final Fantasy XIII credits
- ↑ Final Fantasy XIII-2 credits
- ↑ ［TGS 2013］「新生FFXIV」に登場する「LRFF13」コラボはハイクオリティ。「出張プロデューサーレターLIVE in 幕張」（22日分）をレポート (Accessed: May 19, 2017) at 4Gamer.net
- ↑ Lightning Returns credits
- ↑ Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster credits
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=750sPsM7jIE
- ↑ Film credits