|White Mage: Life's refreshing breeze, blow in energy! Cure!|
|This article can be improved in areas such as Restructuring the "Extras" section so it follows MoS, title and information-wise.|
Please refer to the Manual of Style or Editing Help to get started.
The Monster Arena (モンスターアリーナ, Monsutā Arīna?) is a Battle Arena located in the game Final Fantasy X, situated in the Calm Lands. The Monster Arena is used to store fiends caught during the game. This is done by defeating the monster while using weapons with the Capture special ability, which can only be purchased here.
Once the monsters are caught they can be battled at any time within the arena for a fee. If certain conditions are met then new creations are bred and can be fought. As new monsters are bred, the owner rewards the party with special, and often rare, items. For each new creation the first battle is free, but any fight after that has a cost. The most expensive battle is against Nemesis, costing 25,000 gil each time. Within the Arena, the player is not in danger of receiving a Game Over after defeat: they simply return to the entrance and can heal, and then can try again.
In the monster directory there are 13 different sections. These are the different areas in which monsters can be found. The areas and monsters in them are shown below.
(Comprises Djose Highroad and Moonflow)
(Also known as the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.)
- Dark Flan
- Gemini (sword)
- Gemini (mace)
- Great Malboro
- Behemoth King
- Floating Death
- Black Element
- Master Coeurl
- Master Tonberry
Once certain requirements have been met new monsters can be unlocked. There are three extra groups in which the unlocked monsters are in.
- After collecting at least one of each fiend from the Calm Lands, which allows the Keeper to reopen the Arena, a chest will appear which contains Yuna's Celestial Weapon, Nirvana.
- After collecting at least one of each fiend from Mt. Gagazet, the Keeper will give the player the Blossom Crown, which is necessary to obtain the Magus Sisters. Obtaining the Magus Sisters is a prerequisite for obtaining the Moon Sigil, which is needed to fully activate Yuna's Nirvana.
- Once a total of 10 monsters have been bred in the Area and Species Conquests, the Keeper will give the Mars Sigil, which is needed for Auron's Celestial Weapon, Masamune.
- After collecting four of every dragon monster, the Keeper will give the player 99 Purifying Salts, which can be used to customize No Encounters onto an armor. This can be helpful for obtaining the Venus Sigil, which is used to upgrade Lulu's Celestial Weapon, Onion Knight.
|Trouble with the audio sample?|
The theme that plays at the Monster Arena is called "Brave Advancement".
- It is unknown what became of the owner of the Monster Arena between Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, and in Final Fantasy X-2 it has been abandoned.
- There is a moving statue of an Anacondaur and three Gemini swords around the entrance to the arena. If the statue is investigated in Final Fantasy X, subtitles will say "It's alive...".