The Militesi Empire (ミリテス皇国, Miritesu Kōkoku?) is a Crystal Nation in Final Fantasy Type-0 that neighbors the Dominion of Rubrum. The Militesi Empire's capital is Ingram where the White Peristylium, an organization that conducts research into the energy from the White Tiger Crystal, is located. Different from the Crystals of other countries, whose power can be wielded only by a select few—like the students of Akademeia—the power of the White Tiger crystal is used to create weapons and magitek for both military and domestic affairs.
When the Militesi Emperor went missing, Marshal Cid Aulstyne took over all government affairs as well as the White Peristylium. Cid used the Militesi government to break the Pax Codex and sparked a war by ordering the Ultima Bomb to obliterate the Lorican Alliance. The empire moved to invade Rubrum to obtain the Vermilion Bird Crystal, and deployed White Tiger l'Cie Qun'mi Tru'e and two crystal jammers, disabling the Rubrum army's magic by cutting them off from their crystal. Cadets from what would become known as Class Zero were deployed to deal with the crystal jammers as they can wield magic independent of the Crystal, and Qun'mi and the Militesi forces were driven out of Akademeia. Impressed by Class Zero's prowess, the cadets were deployed to help regain Rubrum Region from the empire.
Rumors spread that the White Tiger Crystal is fading and the empire wants to siphon energy from the other Crystals as they are lacking many resources, unlike Rubrum whose Vermilion Bird Crystal still shines strong. Militesi Empire is the only Crystal Nation in Orience to have subjugated their Crystal, and thus, its l'Cie.
Milites is Latin for "soldiers."
The nations of Orience are based on the Four Symbols.
Four Symbols (Chinese: 四象; pinyin: Sì Xiàng) are four mythological creatures in the Chinese constellations. They are the Azure Dragon, (Qing Long) of the East, the Vermilion Bird (Zhu Que) of the South, the White Tiger (Bai Hu) of the West, and the Black Turtle (Xuan Wu) of the North. While originating from China, the Four Symbols are also widely known in Korea, Japan and Vietnam. Each region have distinct names for the symbols. In Japan, the Shijin, as they are collectively known, are called Seiryū, Suzaku, Byakko and Genbu respectively.The
- The country's attributes and qualities are symbolism to one of the animals of the Four Symbols.
- Representing the west, the nation is situated in the westernmost region of Orience.
- Representing the season of Autumn, the nation boasts a continuous overcast sky, with an upper continental climate.
- Aligned with the Wu Xing element of Metal, the White Tiger Crystal manifests its use through technology and machinery, as metal is a material common in innovative uses. Metal also being the prime material for weaponry, it is also symbolic of martial force and death, both of which Milites has much of and causes greatly, respectively.
- The White Tiger traditionally represents the general and military might in Chinese tradition.
- The Militesi Empire uses a writing system that resembles Norse runes.
- The Militesi Empire's use of the Ultima Bomb on the Lorican Alliance is similar to that of use of atomic bombs by America on Japan.