|Relm: I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!|
|This article is in need of a few pictures. Perhaps you can help by uploading and adding a picture or two.|
Casts Protect and Shell on all allies.
Casts Protect, Shell, and Levitate on all allies.
Mighty Guard is a Blue Magic spell the Blue Mage can learn. It casts Protect, Shell and Float on the party simultaneously, all at the cost of 72 MP. It can be learned from either Azulmagia, Shinryu, Neo Shinryu, Ironclad or Stingray.
Because Mighty Guard targets the caster, the party can cast Reflect on the opponent and have it bounce onto the party. Otherwise the party can control or confuse the enemy, though the Stingray is the only enemy susceptible to them. The player may also use the spell by catching and releasing a Crystelle, though a Blue Mage cannot learn it from this.
Mighty Guard (named Big Guard in the original English SNES translation) is one of Strago's Lores that casts Protect and Shell on all party members. It costs 80 MP and can be learned from Guardian, Land Ray and Mover.
Adds [Barrier/MBarrier/Haste] to every ally
Big Guard is an Enemy Skill, which can be acquired relatively early on. To obtain it, the player must manipulate the enemy Beachplug on the beach near Costa del Sol or Gongaga. The spell casts Haste and Wall on the party for an MP cost of 56. However, the Barrier and MBarrier that Wall consists of drain faster than normal due to Haste.
Mighty Guard is one of Quistis's Limit Breaks. It can be learned by using the Barrier item on Quistis, obtained by mugging or defeating a Behemoth. Which statuses it bestows depends on the Crisis Level.
- Crisis Lv 1: Protect, Shell
- Crisis Lv 2: Protect, Shell, Regen, Float, Haste
- Crisis Lv 3 & 4: Protect, Shell, Regen, Float, Haste, Aura
Casts Shell and Protect on all party members.
One of Quina's Blue Magic spells, Mighty Guard grants the Protect and Shell statuses to all party members, and can be learned by eating either a Serpion, Myconid, Gigan Octopus, Antlion or Gargoyle. It costs 64 MP to cast. It can't be reflected and works with Return Magic. The enemy Gigan Octopus rarely uses this spell.
Mighty Guard is one of Kimahri's Ronso Rages. The spell casts Protect, Shell and NulAll on the party and is learned from Behemoth, Behemoth King or Biran Ronso, however, it can only be learned from Biran after he casts it in battle.
Rikku also has Mighty G among her multitude of mixes, as well as a few variations: Mighty Wall gives Protect and Shell, Mighty G adds Haste, Super Mighty G adds Regen, and Hyper Mighty G has all the rest along with Auto-Life. Rikku's Mighty Guard mixes do not give NulAll.
The following combinations result in Mighty G:
- Ability Distiller + Ability Distiller
- Al Bhed Potion + Hypello Potion, Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Musk, Shining Thorn, Star Curtain
- Antarctic Wind + Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Star Curtain
- Bomb Fragment + Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Star Curtain
- Electro Marble+ Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Star Curtain
- Fish Scale + Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Star Curtain
- Healing Water + Hypello Potion, Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Musk, Shining Thorn, Star Curtain
- Mana Distiller + Ability Distiller, Mana Distiller, Speed Distiller
- Power Distiller + Ability Distiller, Mana Distiller, Power Distiller, Speed Distiller
- Remedy + Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Star Curtain
- Speed Distiller + Ability Distiller, Speed Distiller
- Tetra Elemental + Hypello Potion, Light Curtain, Lunar Curtain, Musk, Shining Thorn, Star Curtain
Mighty Guard can be learned by the Gun Mage. It bestows Protect and Shell. Mighty Guard G and Not-So-Mighty Guard also exist as enemy abilities. Mighty Guard G nullifies all physical and magical damage, while Not-So-Mighty Guard gives the enemy party Haste, Protect, Shell and Regen.
Lady Luck can cast Mighty Guard by lining up three green flasks on the item reels and Mighty Guard+ which casts Shell, Protect, and Regen on party as well as Magic Defense and Defense up by 10 levels by lining up three Bars on the item reels.
Mighty Guard is a special ability used by Shinryu. It recovers HP, adds Regain, and adds a damage shield effect for a time.
Blue Mages are able to learn Mighty Guard off Shinryu. It grants a 15% haste, 25% Defense Boost, +15 Magic Defense Bonus and a 30 HP/tick Regen, duration lasts for 3 minutes and costs 299 MP to use.
Mighty Guard bestows Protect, Shell, Vigilance and Veil on the user, removing buffs granted by Aura for the cost of 5 ATB gauge segments. Only Lightning is able to perform it while in Conjurer role (as it is exclusive to her in the Requiem of the Goddess DLC scenario).
Reduces damage taken by all party members by 20% for a period of 15 seconds.
Mighty Guard is the level 2 Limit Break used by tanks, it reduces the damage dealt to the player party by 20% for 15 seconds.
Raises weapon def. and magic res. for one battle.
Mighty Guard increases the Defense and Magic Defense of one party member for the battle, and is learned by the Blue Mage from the Icedrake enemy, which requires a Beastmaster to learn. It costs 8 MP to use and can only be used on the caster or an adjacent unit.
Blue Mages can learn Mighty Guard from the Thunder Drake enemy. When the spell is used it increases the Defense and Magick Resistance of a target unit within 4 tiles from the caster and it costs 8 MP to use.
Aegis has unlimited uses, it also increases a Robot's HP by 99 when equipped on them. Aegis creates a barrier that protects the party, the characters will be protected from melee attacks and Ston status with 100% success. Long Range attacks and Non-elemental magic, on the other hand, will do damage against the party.
Reduces physical and magic damage received by all allies.
In addition, an upgraded version called Mighty Wall appears as a Fusion Ability, only available to the Warriors of Light. It is a single cast fusion ability requiring 96 MP that combines War Cry and Mighty Guard in one spell to increase the entire party's damage, and buffing them with Protect and Shell.
- Strago (VI): Super Soul Break skill. Learned from Whale Whisker (VI), Strago casts Protectga and Shellga while also raising the party's Resistance a large amount. +10 MAG augment on mastery.
- Quistis (VIII): Super Soul Break skill. Learned from Red Scorpion (VIII), it allows Quistis to bestow the party with Shellga, Hastega, and major Regen statuses. +10 MAG augment on mastery.
- Quina (IX): Unique Soul Break skill. Learned from Needle Fork (IX), it allows Quina to bestow the party with Protectga and Shellga.
- Kimahri (X): Unique Soul Break skill. Learned from Dusk Lance (X), it allows Kimahri to erect a barrier that blocks one magic attack against each unit in the party.
- Biran Ronso (boss): Casts Protect and Shell when near death.
Other abilities may perform equivalent function:
- Rosa: Her Miracle essentially performs a traditional Mighty Guard, casting Protectga and Shellga in the same turn. Learned from White Dress (IV).
- White Mage (Tactics enemy unit): Has an ability that bestows an array of status buffs at once, including Protect and Shell.
Increase the defense of allies within range of you and cause them to float.
Mighty Guard is used by Iron Giant. Blue Mages can learn it by killing an enemy who has used Mighty Guard in the presence of the Blue Mage. As a Blue Magic, Mighty Guard costs 240 AP to cast and has a cooldown time of 60 seconds. It has a wide area of effect around the caster, and grants the Protect, Shell, and Float statuses to allies.
Non-Final Fantasy appearancesEdit
Mighty Guard is White Mage and White Wizard's ability. After Mighty Guard is cast, on every turn, all allied units gain protect for 2 turns. There is also a % chance to also grant them Regen for 2 turns.