|Cloud: I couldn't finish 'em. Looks like this's gonna get complicated.||The following tables are incomplete for one or more reasons. If you wish, please examine the table and add anything missing. Remove this notice upon completion.|
Come, then. Thou shalt be weighed in the balances.
Due to his colossal size, he remains stationary at the back end of the arena. Compared to most dungeon bosses, Midgardsormr uses a large variety of AOE attacks, requiring constant movement to avoid getting hit.
At 94% health, he awakens the green Mirage Dragon, which must be fought (Midgardsormr becomes invulnerable at this time). This dragon uses lightning attacks such as Web of Lightning. After it sustains significant damage, an Astreaea appears on the field. This must be defeated to drop a magitek field generator (must be manually activated), which will grant the party temporary invincibility against Midgardsormr's most powerful attack: Animadversion.
Once the first Mirage Dragon is slain, Midgardsormr's health drops to 54%, and can be attacked again. At 49% health, he awakens the other dragon. This blue dragon uses ice attacks such as Rime Wreath, and must be fought directly. Midgardsormr also begins using new attacks. Once the second dragon is down, Midgardsormr falls to 4% health, and can now be finished off.
- Admonishment - Fires an energy beam through the center of the arena with his mouth, then follows up with three narrower beams at the sides and middle. After losing 50% health, he throws in a set of two beams into the sequence.
- Disdain - Small AOE circle damage aimed at a party member.
- Inner Turmoil - Launches an attack at the inner part of the arena closest to him.
- Outer Turmoil - Like Inner Turmoil, but aimed at the outer edge.
- Animadversion - Uses when each Mirage Dragon is less than 50% health. To survive this, an Astraea will spawn and must be defeated to place a Magitek Field Generator. Those not in its protection field will suffer fatal amounts of damage.
- Antipathy - A series of red concentric rings will appear, dealing multiple hits to those in overlapping epicenter. Move to at least the outer ring to minimize damage.
- Condescension - Places a green area of effect that inflicts Weight on any players that step in it, making it harder to evade other attacks.
Jörmungandr) was the middle child of Loki and a giantess named Angrboda. Odin threw it into the ocean that encircles Midgard and it eventually grew large enough to reach around the entire world and bite its own tail. It had been foreseen that on the day of Ragnarök it would battle with its arch-nemesis, Thor, the god of thunder. The sky would darken from the poison mist emitted by Midgardsormr, and the battle would end in the death of both. Thor would first kill Midgardsormr and then stagger nine steps before dying from its poison.The name hails from Norse mythology, in which Midgardsormr (Old Norse: Miðgarðsormr; also known as the World Serpent or