- "Victory is a far-flung shore. Mark the skies, abide the tide, trust your crew - and she will be yours."
Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn is a non-playable character from Final Fantasy XIV. She is a Roegadyn pirate who became leader of one of the three Grand Companies of Eorzea, Limsa Lominsa's Maelstrom. Ironically, she proceeded to impose strict regulations on piracy within Limsa Lominsa.
Appearance and PersonalityEdit
- "Impossible is a word coined by the weak"
- —Merlwyb's motto
Merlwyb is a female Roegadyn of the Sea Wolf branch. She bears her race's physique and proud demeanor, honest and steadfast in her own way while also stubborn and uncompromising.
Merlwyb has pale bluish skin and short white hair swept backward. She wears a long, low-cut black coat and boots, and white cuffs and gloves. On each shoulder are red decorations resembling Limsa Lominsa's flag.
Creation and DevelopmentEdit
Merlwyb is developed for the Seventh Umbral Era storyline, being the first female Roegadyn to be introduced into the game.
In the Roegadyn language, her name translates directly to Sea-woman Bloefhis-daughter. Her last name hints that her father is named "Bloefhis" (Blue-fish).
- Merlwyb's two muskets, Death Penalty and Annihilator, were rumored to have previously been owned by the pirate king, Mistbeard. They are maintained using a rare lubricant from an aggressive plant called Night Shade, which is also used by Limsa Lominsa's cannons.
- Annihilator is named after the Blue Bullet ability from Final Fantasy X-2.
- A replica of Merlwyb's Death Penalty called Death Sentence appears in a side quest.
- Merlwyb was often mistaken for an Elezen by the fan community for her height, build, and proud demeanor. Female Roegadyns had not been widely known to exist until they were announced as a playable Roegadyn gender in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
|This article or section is a stub about a character in Final Fantasy XIV. You can help Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.|