Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mantid is a family of enemies in Final Fantasy XI.
Special Attacks Edit
Even the normal attacks of these huge insects count as special attacks, striking multiple players at a time.
- Macerating Bile: Area of effect heavy Bio and all stats down.
- Phlegm Expulsion: Area of effect Slow, Silence, and Amnesia status.
- Preying Posture: Attack Boost, Accuracy Boost, Magic Attack Boost, and Intension (magic accuracy boost). These effects can be dispelled but it will take four dispels to remove them all. Also gains a potent Defense Down (and sometimes Gravity) aura.
- Raptorial Claw: Area of effect heavy physical damage, Knockback, and Magic Defense Down.
- Slicing Sickle: Area of effect heavy physical damage, Knockback, and Defense Down.
- Death Prophet: Conal Instant Death.
- Immolating Claw: Conal damage and Plague status. Red mantids (Gaunab and Paramount Mantis) only.
- Exorender: Conal physical damage. Will kill Bloodswiller Flies, causing Tsui-Goab to level up. Brown mantids (Tsui-Goab) only.
Besides the listed special attacks, spellcasting (elemental and enfeebling magic only) is not uncommon among mantids.
Mantises is an order of insects that contains over 2,400 species and about 430 genera in 15 families worldwide in temperate and tropical habitats. Most are in the family Mantidae. A common name, often applied to any species in the order, is "praying mantis" due to the typical "prayer-like" posture with folded fore-limbs, although the eggcorn "preying mantis" is sometimes used in reference to their predatory habits. In Europe and other regions, however, the name "praying mantis" refers to only a single species, Mantis religiosa.