Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mandragora, sometimes called "Onion Children", seem to originate from the island of Elshimo. These little bipedal monsters are now common throughout the Mindartia continent. Coming in both white and black forms, these small creatures are known to provoke mischief among the five primary races.
Through the process of evolution, this sentient form of plant life has developed its own independent culture; the society boasts clothing, homes, and a form of extrasensory communication. While seemingly cute and harmless in appearance, the Mandragoras' sense of values differs greatly from that of people or beastmen. These differences often cause friction between the species. The Mandragora receive nourishment from the sun via photosynthesis, which occurs in the leaves that grow on their heads. Merchants treasure these rare leaves, which can be sold for use in medicines and perfumes.
It is speculated that as Mandragoras mature, they collectively bloom at regular intervals. During this time the leaves that adorn a Mandragora's head spring into flower. While the actual time frame between these blooming cycles is difficult to determine, the last noted occurrence of it was said to take place during the Crystal War.
Campaign Allies Edit
- Babban Ny Mheillea
- Babban Ny Mheillea
- Mandragora Warden
Special Attacks Edit
- Bloom Fouette: AOE Max MP Down (only used by certain Notorious Monsters)
- Demonic Flower: Sacrifices HP to deal damage. (only used by certain Notorious Monsters)
- Dream Flower: 15' AoE Sleep.
- Fatal Scream: AoE Doom. (Only used by Adenium.)
- Head Butt: Single target damage and chance to Knockback.
- Leaf Dagger: Single target Poison.
- Petalback Spin: AOE Plague, Amnesia, Poison, Silence, Blind, Paralyze (only used by certain Notorious Monsters)
- Petal Pirouette: 15' TP reset (only used by certain Notorious Monsters)
- Photosynthesis: Regen effect.
- Scream: 15' AoE Mind down.
- Tepal Twist: AOE Max HP Down (only used by certain Notorious Monsters)
- Wild Oats: Single target damage and Vitality down.
Other appearances Edit
Mandragora from Final Fantasy XI has a Triple Triad card.
Mandragora is a plant belonging to the nightshade family. According to legends surrounding witchcraft, when mandragoras (Mandrake plants) are uprooted, they emit a piercing scream which kills all who hear it.
One of the Mandragora species in Final Fantasy XI is Alraune. Alraune is the German word for mandrake and is also the title of a German novel published in 1911 about the daughter, named Alraune, of a prostitute that has an overactive sex drive and no concept of love. This is based on legends which state that witches who make love to the mandrake root produce offspring that have no soul or feelings of love.