The Manasvin Warmech is a boss in Final Fantasy XIII. It is fought three times—twice in a row as the game's first enemy encounter (tutorial battle), and once more in Lake Bresha. Defeating it chapter 1 earns the player the Instrument of Fate achievement.
#001 (First part)
#001 (Second part)
First encounter Edit
Encountered by Lightning and Sazh, the Manasvin Warmech is not only the game's first boss, but the first battle, making it straightforward. A tutorial plays at the start of the battle informing the player the battle basics. Repeatedly choosing Auto-battle and targeting the Warmech is all that is required to defeat this enemy.
After the first victory, the Warmech fights again. It utilizes a more powerful area-of-effect attack and has considerably more health, but choosing Auto-battle repeatedly will soon defeat it. There should not be a need to use Potions.
Second encounter Edit
This battle is more tricky than the first as Manasvin Warmech has more devastating attacks. Fought by Lightning, Snow, and Vanille, it can easily kill the party leader (Lightning) using Crystal Rain. It is wise to equip her with a Silver Bangle (one can be found in a treasure sphere prior to the battle) for an extra 100 HP, and make Snow a Sentinel to provoke it and take the attack instead. Lightning and Vanille should focus on attacking and staggering it.
AI script Edit
Hanging Edge Edit
Lake Bresha Edit
- Turn 1 - Wave Cannon - A series of multiple, light damaging hits over a wide radius.
- Turn 2 - Crystal Rain - Two highly powerful area of effect attacks.
- Turn 3 - Laser Burst - Three, slow, weak hits on a single party member.
- Turn 4 - Laser Burst - Three, slow, weak hits on a single party member.
- Turn 5 - Laser Burst - Three, slow, weak hits on a single party member.
- Turn 6 - Laser Burst - Three, slow, weak hits on a single party member.
- The Cocoon script writing on Manasvin Warmech's arm reads "CA13", one of many allusions to number thirteen.
Related enemies Edit
- Anavatapta Warmech
- Garuda Interceptor
- Kalavinka Striker
- Aster Protoflorian
- Vernal Harvester
- Ushumgal Subjugator
- Tiamat Eliminator
- The Proudclad