Final Fantasy Wiki

Magic Urn (Final Fantasy X)

18,466 pages on
this wiki

Magic Urn
マジックポット (Majikku Potto?)
Magic Urn-enemy-ffx
HP Overkill MP
999,999 999,999 9,999
Strength Magic Defense
1 40 255
Mag. Def.Magic Defense Agility Accuracy
255 1 0
Evasion Luck
1 1
AP (Overkill) Gil
0 (0) 0
Elemental affinities
Fire Ice Lightning Water Holy
100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
Statuses and immunities
Silence Sleep Darkness Poison
Immune Immune Immune Immune
Petrify Slow Zombie Pwr. Brk.Power Break Mag. Brk.Magic Break
Immune Immune Immune Immune Immune
Arm. Brk.Armor Break Mntl. Brk.Mental Break Threaten Death Provoke
0 0 Immune Immune Immune
Doom (1Turns taken for target to die) Nul Shell Protect Reflect
0 Immune Immune Immune Immune
Haste Demi Regen Distill Sensor
Immune Immune Immune 0 0
Scan Bribe Delay Eject Zanmato
0 0 Immune Immune Lv. 1
Berserk Capture PhysicalPhysical damage type MagicalMagical damage type
0 Immune 0 0
Sensor Hit the correct eye for prizes!
Scan Hit the correct target to win items. The wrong target ends the battle with a bang. Damage is substantial, so be sure to heal. Seven fabulous prizes in all, while supplies last.
Location Cavern of the Stolen Fayth
Monster Arena Does not appear
Common Steal (75%) Potion (middle eye only)
Rare Steal (25%) Potion (middle eye only)
Common Drop (87.5%) None
Rare Drop (12.5%) None
Equipment Drop (25%) N/A slots, N/A abilities
Weapon Abilities None
Armor Abilities None
Bribe None
Abilities Bingo!, Wrong!, Self-Destruct
Ronso Rage None
Come out and fight like a man!
Tidus when entering battle against Magic Urn.

The Magic Urn is encountered in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.


It is an unusual enemy as it will explode when the incorrect eye is attacked, damaging the party. If the party attempts to steal from it, it can kill the entire party with Self-Destruct. If the correct eye is attacked, items are earned. There is no set pattern and it is based on chance. Magic Urn can only be killed with Yojimbo's Zanmato or Doom, which takes 200 turns to work if used on the center eye, or 3 turns if used on any other eye. If Magic Urn is killed in this fashion it gives nothing as a reward.

Potential prizes include:

Middle Eye
Outer Eyes

When receiving an item from Magic Urn, only the name of the item, not the quantity, is displayed.

Magic Urn has two variants of self-destruction, titled "Wrong" and "Self-Destruct;" the latter is stronger. Self-Destruct is only used by the middle eye in response to Steal, Mug, Self-Destruct, Attack Reels or Doublecast.

Wrong is used in response to any other multiple-target attack, or if the same eye is attacked more than once in a single battle. Even when not attacking the same eye multiple times, there is a chance of Wrong being used in response; this chance is 40% for the middle eye, and 12% for the four outer eyes.

Assuming an item is received, the middle eye has a 60% chance of a Phoenix Down, a 20% chance of a Stamina Tablet, and a 20% chance of an Elixir. The outer eyes have a 44% chance of a Phoenix Down, and a 11% chance each of a Soul Spring, 4 Frag Grenades, 3 Lunar Curtains or 4 Silver Hourglasses. It is possible to get the same item from two different eyes in the same battle.

The middle eye provides only a Potion when stolen from, and will respond with Self-Destruct. The other eyes have nothing to steal, and will simply treat steal as any other attack.



  • Magic Urn is the only enemy in the game with an Overkill value higher than 99,999.

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki