|Relm: I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!||This article is in need of a few pictures. Perhaps you can help by uploading and adding a picture or two.|
- “A staff found in an ancient castle, long hidden from the world. It is said the soul of a great sage resides within.”
- —Description, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
The Mage's Staff (まじゅつのつえ, Majutsu no Tsue?), also known as the Mage Staff, Wizard Staff, and Magician's Staff, is a recurring weapon in the Final Fantasy series. It is often one of the most powerful staves or rods, depending on its appearance, and usually boosts Black Magic. Its counterpart is the Sage's Staff.
- “A staff that casts Fira when used.”
- “A staff crackling with lightning.”
- “Staff used by black mages.”
The weapon is called Mage and it has a staff icon before its name. It can be bought for 17000 GP in Edo and Final Town, but can also be found in Volcano. It has 15 use, it also increases a Robot's HP by 81. The damage formula for Mage is the user's Mana x8. It attacks all enemies, and deals Fire-elemental damage.
Mage's Staff is a Magic-raising artifact that increases Magic by 5.
The Mage's Staff is one of the two weakest staves in the game, granting +11 Brave and +3 Attack. The only advantage it has over the regular Staff is the bonus of +10% to the duration of EX Mode.
The Mage's Staff returns as a level 1 weapon and received a power boost, granting +17 Brave and +13 Attack as well as EX Mode Duration +5%.
- “To one not trained in the ways of magic, this powerful staff is a mere stick.”
Mage's Staff grants +1 to Attack. It can be equipped by White Mage, Devout, Sage, Rydia, Krile, Eiko, and Yuna.