Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Macalania Temple is a location from Final Fantasy X. One of the temples of Yevon, constructed primarily of ice, it sits atop the frozen Lake Macalania. Both the temple's fayth and its aeon are female. The High Priest of Macalania Temple is Maester Seymour Guado.
The party learns from Jyscal's sphere that Seymour had killed his father to succeed him as Maester. Yuna, who has already prayed for the fayth and obtained Shiva, wishes Seymour would turn himself in for his crime, but they are forced into battle and Seymour is killed. Before Yuna can perform a sending, his body is taken away by Tromell, who brands Yuna's party traitors for killing a Maester. The party escapes the temple with the Guado guards in pursuit and fall through the ice after a battle with Wendigo, landing onto a dormant Sin that whisks them away.
- Shiva (Ice-elemental)
A series of puzzles involving ice, the Destruction sphere of Macalania is needed to get Anima in Baaj Temple. What makes this temple unique is the fact that the trials are completed when leaving the Chamber of the Fayth after receiving the aeon.
Dark Shiva is an optional boss in the International, PAL and HD Remaster versions of Final Fantasy X. She guards the entrance to Macalania Temple when the party returns there after defeating Seymour Natus. Following the battle, Tidus is followed and ambushed by Guado Guardians like when Seymour was first defeated. After escaping the Guado the temple can be revisited.
O'aka - HallEdit
Appears after viewing Jyscal's Sphere in the Nuns' Chamber.
Note: The answer the player gave O'aka in Macalania Woods, also affects these prices. If the player chose 'Too pricey', O'aka will reduce the price of both equipment and items by 25%. If the player chose 'Just right', the prices remain the same. If the player chose 'Too cheap' or not talked with him, O'aka will increase the price of both equipment and items by 25%.
- 400 gil (from Al Bhed woman)
- Shell Targe (from Tromell)
- 5000 gil
- X-Potion x2
- Phoenix Down x3
- Ether (from man in brown, Monks' Chamber)
- Elixir (from man in purple, Monks' Chamber)
- Remedy x2
- Hi-Potion x2 (from woman in yellow, Nuns' Chamber)
- Luck Sphere (from Cloister of Trials)
- After gaining airship
- Magic Sphere (from Chamber of the Fayth)
- Magic Def Sphere (from Chamber of the Fayth)
- Accuracy Sphere (from Chamber of the Fayth)
- Road (first visit)
Available after viewing Jyscal's Sphere in Nuns' Chamber. Not available after defeating Wendigo.
- Road (during escapes)
Occurs during both escapes (after defeating Seymour as well as Dark Shiva). If Dark Shiva is defeated without obtaining the airship, the random encounters will continue to occur.
- Road (after defeating Seymour Natus)
- Dark Shiva (Boss) (International, PAL and HD Remaster versions only)
"The Temple Prayer" plays when the party first enters the temple. "Out of the Frying Pan" plays after the discovery of Jyscal's sphere. "Seymour's Ambition" plays when Seymour reveals his true intentions and during the trials following his defeat. "Hymn of the Fayth - Shiva" plays in the Chamber of the Fayth and under the lake. "Pursuit" plays when the party is chased from the temple.
- In Final Fantasy X, when Tidus mispronounces Macalania Temple's name in Guadosalam in the English version he calls it "Macarena Temple" in the reference of the popular song by Los Del Rio, "Macarena". In the Japanese version he instead calls it "Malacania Temple".
- 0-slotted Longsword for Tidus is a missable weapon. It becomes lost after visiting Macalania Temple.