- "Even the army's having hard time with the Atlas. If you wanna take him on, be my guest..."
- —Alyssa's response for choosing to ask her whilst wondering how to disable Atlas. Bresha Ruins -5 AF-.
- "During dialogue and events, you will sometimes get the option of choosing a conversation branch. Each selection will result in different dialogue and reactions. Setting the course of events through this mechanism will reward you with treasure chests from beyond spacetime."
- —Online Description
A Live Trigger (ライブ・トリガー, Raibu Torigā?) is a gameplay element introduced in Final Fantasy XIII-2. It allows the player to choose their reaction to a character during a conversation. Already chosen options are greyed out, but can be reselected. When replaying a certain area, some choices are different.
In order to obtain the best rewards, which are monster adornments, players are advised to stick to answers that are consistent in style, choosing either 'correct' answers, which are appropriate, or 'funny' answers. Mixing and matching these choices usually leads to the reward of a Potion.
Players can go back to areas they have previously explored and use Gate Seals in order to replay the area using the Historia Crux, and this will give them the option to choose different Live Trigger options and gain a wider range of rewards. New Live Trigger options will become available if the player does this, enabling players to extend their knowledge or gain humorous responses from the party.
List of Live TriggersEdit
- New Bodhum
- Bresha Ruins
- Yaschas Massif
- The Void Beyond
- Sunleth Waterscape
- Archylte Steppe
- Augusta Tower
- Vile Peaks
- While this mechanism has been present in previous Final Fantasy games, it was never given an explicit name until Final Fantasy XIII-2.
- Furthermore, the choices selected during Live Trigger sequences doesn't alter the main storyline, being more of a bonus feature rather than an important element of the game mechanics.
- Many comedic responses are assigned to / button.
- There is a bug regarding the Live Trigger in Archylte Steppe in the Year Unknown where if the player does not select the comedic response on the first playthrough of the area, they will not be able to obtain a monster adornment if they were to replay the area and select the comedic response.
|This article is a stub about Final Fantasy XIII-2. You can help by .|