Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is list of version differences for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
- Japanese release on November 21st, 2013.
- Original version of the game.
- North American release on February 11th, 2014.
- European/PAL region release on February 14th, 2014.
- Multiple title changes for locations, organizations, equipment, items, and abilities: the game world "Novus Partus" is renamed "Nova Chrysalia", the "Salvation Council" is renamed to "Order of Salvation".
- Multiple title changes for terms used in the game: the "Liberator" is renamed "Savior", "Radiant Energy" is changed to "Eradia", "Cie World" changed to "Chaos infusion".
- Dialogue changes in the final location regarding Hope Estheim's role as Bhunivelze's avatar (Bhunivelze talks about molding humanity to his liking, not Hope), as well as changing the words Lightning says during Last Resort (change from "Last Resort!" to "I bring you salvation!") and when she saves Hope (change from "You survive" to "So go and live").
- Reduced overall implication of "Lightning and Hope" pairing. Added subtle implication at "Vanille and Hope" pairing in one of their conversations.
- Minor dialogue changes during the scenes between Lightning and Snow, including the sequence where Snow absorbs the Chaos infusion ("Just watch! I'm going to swallow every bit of this Chaos! This is the end!" to "This is what I deserve! You know it, and I know it! So come on! Do your worst!") making Snow more grief-stricken and desperate.
- Removed or reduced minor innuendos spoken by Bhunivelze during his battle with Lightning (i.e. his second form: "As the goddess, you will grant my deepest desire/desires" to "You have proven yourself, but the real battle is merely beginning!").