Growing up alongside Nyx, Libertus was always the upbeat and outspoken one. When the situation turns serious, he must confront his fear to prove his valor.
Libertus is a heavyset young man with brown hair in a ponytail, a chin beard, and blue eyes. He sports a pair of cornrows on the left side of his head that connects to a braid. He wears the black uniform typical of his fellow Glaives, and dons a leather chest plate in the opening battle sequence. When out of uniform he wears a gray tank top, an elaborate beaded necklace, shorts and loafers. He has small tattoos about his body, similar to Nyx Ulric's, that resemble arrows or crow's feet.
Libertus is a cheerful individual who is unafraid to speak his mind. He shows great loyalty to his friends, home, and people. He is especially fond of Crowe Altius, whom he considers akin to a younger sister.
Despite claiming he does not have the stomach for it, Libertus is able to warp from place to place during combat. He can use a form of invisibility with his magic for sneak attacks.
Libertus grew up in Galahd alongside his best friend, Nyx Ulric. They used to play in the Galahd River as children and later ran a small bar in their hometown. The area used to be protected by the Wall, but thirty years ago war overtook the lands and Wall crumbled, allowing Niflheim to claim Galahd.
I'll fight my own fight from here on out.
Alongside his fellow Glaives, Libertus fights the forces of Niflheim and Tenebrae on the outskirts of Lucis. He injures his leg while attempting to escape from a Diamond Weapon, but Nyx rescues him. Libertus is taken back to Insomnia on a stretcher, and he is given a crutch and pain medication to help him walk again.
As depicted in Final Fantasy XV Prologue Parting Ways, the captain of the Kinsglaive, Titus Drautos, asks Libertus where Nyx is, because someone needs to drop Prince Noctis off to his place as thanks for using his car. Libertus wants peace, but is not happy with the treaty terms Lucis seems to be accepting: all lands outside Insomnia would be annexed by the empire. His business at the Citadel complete, Libertus heads home when he stumbles and the crutches tumble from his grasp. Iris Amicitia helps him and asks if he is one of the Kingsglaive. She introduces herself and explains her father and brother are in the Crownsguard, and that she is friends with the prince. Libertus thinks Iris has missed Noctis leaving, and calls Nyx to confirm that Noctis is already at home. Iris is sad because the day was a special day. Libertus encourages Iris to call Noctis, and Iris does so.
Libertus joins Nyx, Crowe Altius, Luche Lazarus, and Pelna Khara for a drink. He is skeptical when Luche reveals Niflheim has sent an envoy to demand Lucis's surrender, but a news report confirms this the following morning. Libertus and Nyx see Crowe off on a classified mission to rendezvous with Princess Lunafreya of Tenebrae, and a short time later, they learn she has been killed. After seeing Crowe's corpse, Libertus temporarily abandons the Kingsglaive and allies himself with a band of Lucian rebels.
After the fall of Insomnia, Libertus helps Nyx discover their commanding officer, Titus Drautos, is truly Imperial General Glauca. He agrees to get Princess Lunafreya out of the city, and drives her to safety as Nyx engages Glauca. Libertus and Lunafreya part ways outside the city at her behest, but he says Luna and her fiance Noctis are always welcome at Galahd.
Libertus waited for Nyx in Galahd in vain. When the world was plunged into darkness, he answered the call sent out to former Glaives and migrated to Lestallum where he became the leader of the surviving Kingsglaive operatives. He fights alongside Cor Leonis and the Crownsguard against daemons. Libertus writes a letter to Nyx, discussing how the daemons have put a number on many villages, including Galahd, and that Nyx should stop by if he is near Lestallum so he can find out what happened in the Crown City.
Libertus greets a a Glaive who has lost many of their memories. He explains to the Glaive what they are, what their mission is, and the state of the world. Elea informs the Glaive of the daemons ahead and they abandon the truck and go on foot. Libertus delivers some meteorshards to Holly Teulle and gives the Glaive their daggers.
Libertus goes down to Galdin Quay to help haul in and fix up King Regis's boat. He later greets the amnesiac Glaive at the docks and explains that a couple of Glaives had told him that the island of Angelgard has been appearing to them in a daydream. He concludes these visions are connected to the Astrals. Libertus, Elea, Miles and the amnesiac Glaive battle Bahamut, who forgives the Kingsglaive for their sins. Gentiana enlists them to defend the island from daemons to allow Noctis to eventually wake up from the Crystal.
Ten years after Noctis's disappearance, the Kingsglaive return to defend Angelgard. Libertus greets Noctis as he returns, and is glad to see him safe. He almost collapses, but is helped up by Gentiana, who tells Noctis what he must do. Noctis departs on the royal vessel alone.
Libertus guest-cooks in Final Fantasy XV: Comrades 1.2 and his Hearty Stir-Fry carries over to the main game. Likely inspired by Yamachang and reflective of the cuisine of Galahd, the recipe boosts strength significantly and also boosts HP and lets the player sprint without running out of breath.
|Hearty Stir-Fry||Griffon Breast|
|Attack Boost (Level 35): Strength +350|
HP Boost (Level 10): Max HP +500
Endurance: Sprinting does not reduce stamina
|?||—||Libertus Ostium cooks it in Final Fantasy XV: Comrades|
|Patch notes: Comrades 1.2|
Creation and developmentEdit
The likeness of Liam Mulvey, an English actor, is used to portray Libertus. Mulvey also serves as the character's motion capture artist.
In the Japanese version of Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, Libertus is voiced by Mitsuaki Kanuka. In the film's English version, he is voiced by Liam Mulvey.
You and I are too close for that. You help me, I help you. That's the way it'll always be!
Libertus appears as a character and summonable vision. His job is listed as Kingsglaive.
Libertus's Trust Master reward is the Kingsglaive Uniform clothes.
- 3★ - No. 0646: "A young man spoken of in stories from the faraway land of Eos. Libertus is a member of the Kingsglaive, a special task force entrusted with protecting King Regis, ruler of the magic-sustained Kingdom of Lucis. He is originally from the remote village of Galahd, and the roots to his home run deep. Nyx, a talented fighter and also member of the Kingsglaive, is a loyal friend whom he trusts completely. Crowe, on the other hand, is someone he treats more like a younger sibling. Sometimes he is so overprotective of her that she openly voices her frustrations with his attitude."
- 4★ - No. 0647: "A young man spoken of in stories from the faraway land of Eos. Libertus is a member of the Kingsglaive, a special task force entrusted with protecting King Regis, ruler of the magic-sustained Kingdom of Lucis. His best friend is Nyx, and they both happen to be from the village of Galahd. Once the Kingdom of Lucis agreed to the ceasefire treaty proposed by the Empire of Niflheim demanding that King Regis cede all his lands save for the crown city of Insomnia to the Empire, Libertus's love for his homeland would not permit him to remain idle."
- 5★ - No. 0648: "A young man spoken of in stories from the faraway land of Eos. Libertus is a member of the Kingsglaive, a special task force entrusted with protecting King Regis, ruler of the magic-sustained Kingdom of Lucis. Although he is upbeat and outspoken by nature, he takes his responsibilities very seriously. Extremely attached to his remote home of Galahd, he begins doubting his place in the Kingsglaive after learning that his village will fall under the control of the Empire of Niflheim following the new conditions of the proposed ceasefire."
- —Entries for different versions of Libertus.
Libertus's stats at his highest levels are as follows (with no passive abilities taken into account), along with the maximum amount of stat points that can be increased through pot-enhancements:
|No Counting Favors||40|
|Not Dying Now||67|
Libertus can equip the following weapons: daggers, swords and throwing.
He can equip the following armors: light shields, hats, helms, clothes, light armors and heavy armors.
He can equip accessories.
- Limit Bursts
- Awakening Materials
|Beast Meat x25|
Heaven's Ash x5
Esper Cryst x15
Sacred Crystal x5
Heaven's Ash x10
Sacred Crystal x10
Holy Crystal x5
|3★||Hero, you might just be what this world needs.||For hearth and home! I've still got a lot to give!||-|
|4★||Free? What do you mean “free”?||Those are our homes out there! Our people! And you're just gonna go along with this and abandon them!?||You want peace by sacrificing the weak? Don't make me laugh!|
|5★||I've got my own to protect, you know? But I guess I could lend you a hand.||I'll fight my own fight from here on out.||We'll bring peace back home. That's what we've been busting our chops for this whole time.|
Libertus means "freedman" in Latin.
Ostium means "door" or "entrance" in Latin.
- ↑ ''Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV'' pamphlet translations (Accessed: UnknownError: See this for how to archive.) at Audrey's Room at Tumblr