- "The Invasion of the Kingdom of Nabradia was Archadia’s first Step in its westward March."
- —Marquis Ondore
The Kingdom of Nabradia (ナブラディア王国, Naburadia-Ōkoku?) was one of the main political powers in Final Fantasy XII. A small Kingdom to the north of Dalmasca, it was invaded, and essentially obliterated, by the Archadian Empire two years prior to the game's main events.
- "Two years past, Nabradia, fearing the military might of the Archadian Empire, made treaty with Rozarria to place troops from that land near her borders. Fearing an invasion of the Valendian continent by its sworn enemy, Rozarria, Archadia immediately exerted political pressure on the small kingdom. Yet Nabradia did not accede to their demands, and Emperor Gramis of Archadia was compelled to use force. Several days after the Archadian invasion, a terrible explosion reduced the once proud city of Nabudis to naught but rubble. Though the city fell in the space of a night, the Mist that now swirls where it once stood has transformed the land into a barren waste for eternity. Even now, the cause of this cataclysm is not fully understood."
- —Sage Knowledge piece 03
- "A land neighboring Dalmasca, both kingdoms being founded by the bloodline of the Dynast-King, who first unified Ivalice under one rule. Graced with beautiful landscapes and rich natural resources, Nabradia prospered for many years as a center of both agriculture and industry. Two years ago, an internal struggle boiled over into civil war, this opening the door to the Archadian invasion of Nabradia. Several days after the beginning of the siege of Nabudis, a mysterious explosion consumed the city, leaving a smoking ruin where the political and cultural heart of Nabradia once stood, and sounding the death-knell for the kingdom."
- —Sage Knowledge piece 35
- See also: Battle of Nabudis.
A small city-state neighboring Dalmasca and Archadia, Nabradia was the only other Kingdom along with Dalmasca to receive one of the Dynast King's relics, the Midlight Shard. Despite this great treasure, the nation was largely self-reliant with few ambitions beyond its own borders.
The generations preceding Final Fantasy XII saw a rapid and unchecked expansion in the size and strength of the Archadian Empire. Fearful the eyes of the ruthless House Solidor would next look westwards, Nabradia was forced to take steps to ensure its security. In a series of political moves, an alliance was signed with Dalmasca and the Nabradian King's son, Lord Rasler, was married to Princess Ashe of Dalmasca. Though intended to be a marriage of convenience, the couple cared deeply for each other - a fact the Occuria later attempted to use to their advantage.
Within weeks of the wedding, an internal conflict (possibly of Arcadian design) led to civil war, and Imperial forces invaded Nabradia. Under orders from Dr. Cid, Judge Zecht acquired the Midlight Shard and unleashed its power upon the capital of Nabudis, wiping out the city and its inhabitants. Ashamed by his actions, the Judge discarded his name and rank and fled to Balfonheim while the Archadian army continued its march on the Dalmascan border.
Any hope for the nation's restoration ended when Rasler was killed during the Battle of Nalbina Fortress, ending Nabradia's royal line. Now, Nabradia is part of the Archadian Empire, and its capital is nothing more than a ruin full of monsters.
A mountain pass, and the entrance to Nabradia. The area has unique flora, called float weeds, which can be used to make new passageways. The great esper Exodus lurks within the Highwaste.
Deep woods which have to be crossed if travelers want to reach Archadia on foot. Lately, Bombs have been infesting the area.
The land surrounding the capital, now covered in a thick mist, and monsters freely roam the area.
Nabradia's capital. Destroyed by the Midlight Shard, the capital is now a ruin, infested with the souls of those who lost their lives here. Monsters of horrible strength have been sealed in the Necrohol. The only part of Nabudis that is still intact enough to explore is the Verdpale Palace, which was the residence of the King of Nabradia.
- Monsters called Leamonde Entites lurk in the Nabreus Deadlands. Leá Monde is a city of Darkness in Vagrant Story.