- “This black lance is thought to have once belonged to a dragoon of legend.”
- —Description, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
- “Spear from the distant past.”
Kain's Lance is a weapon for Freya found in Memoria. It has an Attack power of 71 and teaches her the Dragon skills Dragon's Crest, Cherry Blossom, and White Draw. It also has a chance to inflict the Confuse status. The spear itself closely resembles the spear Kain holds seen in the original Final Fantasy IV logo.
- “This upgraded weapon maintains the properties of the original, while boosting overall power and ATB capacity.”
Kain's Lance is Fang's ultimate, or third tier, weapon. While Kain's Lance always bestows Fang with an extra ATB bar, its passive abilities and stats vary based upon which of Fang's second tier weapon the players chooses to upgrade in order to synthesize it. Possible passive abilities include Improved Counter, if synthesized from the Gungnir, and Improved Debilitation, if synthesized from the Calamity Spear.
- “Black spear that belonged to a legendary dragoon.”
Kain's Lance returns to be equipped by Dragoons and Templars. It has 47 Attack power, adds 2 Jump, and teaches Lifebreak to Templars. It can be bought for 5,700 gil in the shop after creating it in the Bazaar after using a Crusite Alloy, Vampyr Fang, and Black Thread.
The weapon's name derives from Final Fantasy IV where Kain wielded a spear. His name derives from a Biblical story. Cain was the brother of Abel in the Tanakh/Old Testament book of Genesis. Cain became the first murderer by killing his brother out of jealousy stemming from God choosing Abel's gift over that of Cain.