Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jump is a stat found exclusively in the Ivalice Alliance series, mainly the Tactics series. It is the stat that indicates how high an unit can jump, and if the target location is greater than the unit's Jump stat, the target cannot jump to that location.
A combination of the unit's base jumping ability and any job, equipment, or ability bonuses. This attribute governs how many tiles the unit can jump horizontally, as well as how far up or down a slope the unit can jump.
The following is a list of each class's default Jump stat:
- Jump Rate 3: Squire, Chemist, Knight, Archer, White Mage, Black Mage, Mystic, Time Mage, Geomancer, Orator, Summoner, Samurai, Arithmetician, Dancer, Bard, Holy Knight, Skyseer, Netherseer, Divine Knight, Sword Saint, Templar, Dragonkin, Soldier, Cleric, Princess, Ark Knight (Delita), Celebrant, Fell Knight, Rune Knight, Sorcerer, Dark Knight, Onion Knight (Base), Game Hunter, Deathknight
- Jump Rate 4: Monk, Thief, Dragoon, Ninja, Mime, Machinist, Astrologer, Ark Knight (Zalbaag), Nightblade, Onion Knight (Mastered), Sky Pirate
- Jump Rate 5: Ark Knight (Elmdore)
- Jump Rate 7: Assassin
The Spiked Boots and Germinas Boots both grant Jump +1 while equipped. In addition, units can equip the Movement Abilities Jump +1, Jump +2, and Jump +3. The player can also opt to ignore the Jump stat altogether by equipping the ability Ignore Elevation.
- Jump Rate 2: Soldier, Paladin, Fighter, White Mage, Black Mage, Illusionist, Blue Mage, Archer, Hunter, Animist, Mog Knight, Gunner, Juggler, Gadgeteer, Time Mage, Bishop, Templar, Warrior, Defender, Gladiator, Fencer, Elementalist, Red Mage, Summoner, Biskmatar, Judge, Judgemaster
- Jump Rate 3: Thief, Ninja, Beastmaster, Morpher, Sage, Alchemist, White Monk, Dragoon, Sniper, Hermetic, Runeseeker
- Jump Rate 4: Assassin
The following pieces of equipment modifies Jump rates:
- Jump +1: Partisan, Dragon Whisker, Kain's Lance, Trident, Acacia Hat, Peytral, Spiked Boots
- Jump +2: Mythril Spear, Germinas
The Galmia Shoes ignores height and allows the unit to go to any height they choose. Likewise, the Fairy Shoes ignore the Jump stat.
- Jump Rate 1: Chocobo Knight (Black Chocobo), Raptor, Ravager, Geomancer
- Jump Rate 2: Soldier, White Mage, Black Mage, Archer, Paladin, Fighter, Parivir, Illusionist, Blue Mage, Hunter, Seer, Animist, Moogle Knight, Fusilier, Tinker, Time Mage, Chocobo Knight (Base), Arcanist, Warrior, Defender, Gladiator, Bishop, Templar, Fencer, Elementalist, Red Mage, Summoner, Berserker, Lanista, Viking, Bard, Dancer, Agent
- Jump Rate 3: Thief, Ninja, Juggler, Chocobo Knight (on Chocobo), Flintlock, Beastmaster, Alchemist, Sage, Scholar, White Monk, Dragoon, Master Monk, Cannoneer, Trickster, Green Mage, Spellblade, Sniper, Sky Pirate, Heritor, Keeper, Nightshade
- Jump Rate 4: Assassin, Ranger
- Jump Rate S: Hunter (Gria)
The following pieces of equipment give bonuses to the Jump stat:
- Jump +1: Sequencer, Peytral, Spiked Boots
- Jump +2: Javelin, Partisan, Kain's Lance, Trident, Dragon Whisker, Germinas Boots
For gria (Hunter, Raptor, Ravager, and Geomancer) and other flying units such as Black Chocobo, the Jump stat is irrelevant to them as they ignore height completely. The Galmia Shoes and Faerie Shoes both ignore height completely as well.