|Final Fantasy XII Elite Mark|
|Bestiary Location||Elite Marks|
|Location||Pharos - Subterra (Penumbra - Interior, Umbra - Interior, Abyssal - Interior)|
|Common Steal||Storm Crystal|
|Uncommon Steal||Grimoire Aidhed|
|Rare Steal||Magick Lamp|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||Attack (6-hit max, Lightning-based); Kick, Rush, Snake Lash|
|Abilities||Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Aeroga, Darkra, Dispelga, Silencega, Sleepga, ga, Curse, Purify|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Null Evade, Spellbreaker, Last Stand, Return Damage, Spellspring|
If HP <50% - Attack Plus
If HP <20% - Attack CT 0
If HP <50% and hit with Magick - Magick Shield
If Purify - White Wind
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Confuse, Sleep, Disease, Reverse, Disable, Immobilize, Blind, Poison, Lure, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Shell, Haste, and Faith.|
Has 50% Protect.
Ixion is an Elite Mark from Final Fantasy XII. It can be found in the Penumbra-Interior area of Subterra in the Pharos at Ridorana. The hunt becomes available after the storyline events in the Pharos.
Hunt 43: Fishy DreamsEdit
- Petitioner: Whitecap Wench
- Petitioner's Location: Balfonheim Port (Quayside Court - The Whitecap)
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of Ixion (Rank 6). The petitioner is the Whitecap wench in Balfonheim.
- Hunt accepted. The Whitecap wench had been having bad dreams on account of said legendary fiend, and wants you to slay it. Ixion can be found in Ridorana.
- Ixion defeated! Report to the Whitecap wench.
- Hunt reported. The Whitecap wench richly rewarded you for securing her a restful night of sleep at last.
- Genus: Rank VI Mark
- Classification: ???
- “Being a variety of Nightmare, oft told in the Legends of Ridorana. Having the power to turn the Dreams of Men to Terrors, then feeding off its Victims' Anguish. The petitioner of this hunt is a Woman caught nightly by the Dreams, and unable to sleep.”
Ixion can be found at Pharos's Subterra, on any of the three floors. The lift must be coming down from the first floor and if there are other monsters around, the player should take the lift back up to the first floor and try again until there are no enemies around. After running around the circle for a while Ixion will show up.
If Ixion is fought in the circular section, it will have less HP. Ixion's standard attack is not devastating, but it does chain often and hits quite fast. It likes casting Dispelga. Ixion can use Fearga, which reduces MP drastically. Aside from that, Ixion has a plethora of status-inflicting magick. If Ixion is afflicted with a status ailment it can cast Purify, which removes all of its status ailments. Ixion's most damaging attack, Thundaga, can hurt quite a bit.
Buffs should be cast often as Ixion uses Dispelga.
The player should bring a lot of X-Potions and curative items. If the party is at a high level they can Berserk Ixion to stop it from casting Purify. The party should finish Ixion quickly when its HP gets low, because it hits hard and fast. A Rubber Suit or Zodiac Escutcheon are helpful against Ixion's Thundaga. Ixion's Thundaga can be negated with inflicting it with Silence, although Ixion will heal the status with Purify.