Human warrior that hunts monsters by bow.
Hunter is a job in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance available to humes. They wield the almighty greatbows and use them most proficiently against monsters. Almost all of their abilities are centered around monster-fighting, with abilities like Sidewinder (which doubles the attack when used against monsters).
Hunters rival Fighters for the position of best Attack-oriented hume job. Like its predecessor, the Archer, Hunters have higher MP, Attack, Resistance and Speed than their sword-wielding counterpart, but have lower HP, Magic Power and Defense in return.
|HP||MP||Atk||Def||Mag Pwr||Mag Res||Spd|
|6.8 C+||3.2 C-||8.8 B+||6.8 D+||6.8 D+||8.4 B||1.7 B+|
Hunter command. Use your hunting skills to fight.
|Sonic Boom||Cranequin||200||—||As Weapon||4|
|Uses weapon to create area-damage shockwave.|
|Oust||Windslash Bow||200||—||—||As Weapon|
|Sweeps monsters from the field of battle.|
|Offer advice on tactics. Raises critical hit rate.|
|Aim: Vitals||Fey Bow||300||—||—||As Weapon|
|Shot aimed at vital organs to cause status ailments.|
|Hunting||Hunt Bow||300||—||As Weapon||As Weapon|
|Felling blow delivered with style. Earns more JP.|
|Addle||Master Bow||200||—||—||As Weapon|
|Addles monster. (Temporary loss of A and R-abilities)|
|Ultima Shot||Seventh Heaven||999||60||As Weapon||As Weapon|
|Hunting attack born from ultima magic.|
|Sidewinder||Hades Bow||300||—||As Weapon||As Weapon|
|Lashing attack. Deals heavy damage to monsters.|
|Capture||Ranger Bow||200||—||—||As Weapon|
|Puts live monsters into the monster bank.|
Oust's chance of success depends on the number of KOs the caster has been responsible for, and the percentage of HP the target has left.
- $ MinHP% = 50 - Number of Units Caster has KO'd $
- $ HP% = [Target's Max HP * MinHP% / 100] $
- $ Hit% = [(HP% - Target's HP) * 100 / HP%] $
Aim: Vitals has a random effect:
- 11/101: Inflict Berserk
- 25/101: Inflict Disable
- 35/101: Inflict Blind
- 25/101: Inflict Immobilize
- 5/101: Reduce Target to 1 HP
Capture's chance of success is equal to the following:
- $ Hit% = [25 * (Target's Max HP - Target's HP) / Target's Max HP] $
Capture automatically fails under certain conditions.
|Auto-Regen||Gaia Gear||Automatically regenerates HP when you take damage.||300|
|Weapon Atk+||Nike Bow||Improves weapon attacks to deal more damage.||300|
|Hunt Combo||Mythril Shot||Ranged combo ability for hunters.||100|
Capture is a complicated attack as there are a number of factors that need to be in place to make it functional. The player must get in a fight with a monster and steadily weaken it but not kill it. The Hunter's Hunting ability and the Paladin's Subdue ability can be used slowly weaken the monster.
If there is 0% chance of being captured, one can go through the following checklist:
- The monster cannot be at full health, or have at least 23/24 of it.
- The monster cannot be the last remaining enemy on the battlefield. The player can revive another enemy, preferably rendering it asleep, disabled, or stopped.
- The following enemies cannot be captured: Undead (Zombies and Vampires), Tonberrykind (Ton- and Masterberries), Rockbeasts (Toughskins and Blade Biters), and Fairies (Sprite and Titania).
- Any monster with a Hero Medal cannot be captured.
- A previously captured monster of the same species must not already occupy the available slot in the Monster Bank.
The success rate of Capture is mediocre at best; the best success rate is 24%, and Concentrate, Turbo MP, status ailments (including Stop and Sleep), and the facing do not affect it. The success rate is determined solely by the monster's remaining HP. For every 24th of max HP that was taken off the monster, 1% is added to the success rate. The only thing the player can do to aid in their capture is to either bring in more Hunters (or at least units with "Hunt" as the secondary A-Ability with Capture) or Haste the Hunter.
After capturing the monster, the player can raise it.