Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Only able to be found in Grauberg during the Crystal War, Hippogryphs can now also be found in the remote locations of Riverne - Site #A01 and Riverne - Site #B01 in present-day Vana'diel. These animals are reportedly the descendants of a griffin (which itself is part lion and part eagle) and a horse.
Magical in nature, these creatures are quite dangerous. Explorers would be well advised to steer clear of any Hippogryph, as they are able to peer through any attempts at invisibility. Those attacking a Hippogryph must be even more alert, as they can attack in all directions seemingly at once.
Victorious parties will be rewarded with feathers from both the body and tail of the animal.
Special Abilities Edit
- Back Heel: Single target damage.
- Choke Breath: Breath Attack damage, Paralyze, and Silence.
- Fantod: Boost effect.
- Jettatura: Cone Attack Terror. Similar to a Gaze Attack, it is ineffective if the target is not facing the Hippogryph.
- Hoof Volley: Single target damage and Enmity reset.
- Nihility Song: AoE Dispel.
Hippogriffs are legendary creatures, hybrids of a griffin and a female horse.