Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Final Fantasy X-2 Enemy|
- Normal: "A fiend that can turn objects to stone with a glance. Take it for granted and its Stony Glare will stop you cold."
Oversoul: "A hideous fiend that can turn objects to stone with a glance. Its Stony Glare ability is bad, but now it also destroys Softs and its prey stays stoned."
The Gucumatz is an enemy in Final Fantasy X-2.
Gucumatz uses following attacks:
- Stony Glare: causes petrification on one character.
- Heaven's Cataract: damages all characters in a 120 degree angle in front of it. Causes Defense, Magic Defense, Accuracy, Evasion, and Luck levels to decrease by 1. This ability can be learned by the Gun Mage dressphere.
- MP Break (Oversouled): damages the MP of one character.
- Destroy Soft (Oversouled): damages one character and removes one Soft from the inventory.
In the Fiend Tale endings, a notable Gucumatz was created from the spirit of a Hypello who died hitting her head against a rock and forgot who she was. Having imagined who she was in life, Gucumatz learns of a pool in the Bikanel oasis that can allow fiends see the forms of their previous lives and was caught off guard by seeing the Hypello she was in life.
Gukumatz is, in K'iche'-Maya mythology, one of the creators of the world (along with Tepeu) and made the men from corn.