Strange egg with magical properties. Doubles the amount of EXP earned in battle.
The Growth Egg (originally called EXP Egg) is a relic that doubles the amount of experience gained by the wielder after every battle. While there are multiple methods of obtaining the Growth Egg, and hence the possibility of equipping two at once, the effect will not stack.
The Growth Egg doubles the amount of EXP earned for the entire party. The Growth Egg can be purchased in the multiplayer shops in Arbor and Horne for 1000 points, or found in a chest inside the Sun Temple.
An egg that gives up pg but doubles EXP and JP.
The Growth Egg can be purchased from the Adventurer by raising the accessories shop to level 10 during the Norende Village Reconstruction. It costs 500,000 pg and doubles the amount of EXP and JP earned by the party, but the party will earn no PG.
The Growth Egg returns with the same effect and trade requirements as in the first game, but its price is raised to 3,000 gil.
Growth Egg is an equippable item, obtained randomly from chests in Music Stages, or as a reward from Quest Medleys. While equipped, they are used at the very end of a Music Stage and double the EXP earned.
Growth Eggs are a consumable item. There are five types, each offering an amount of EXP when used on a player character, ordered by rarity:
- Minor Growth Egg (1★): Awards 500 EXP. Common drop during Sunday Daily Dungeon (Easy).
- Lesser Growth Egg (2★): Awards 2,500 EXP. Earned on first login, then on each 10th login thereafter during consecutive days of play*Offered through late November 2015. Common drop during Sunday Daily Dungeon (Normal).
- Growth Egg (3★): Awards 10,000 EXP.
- Greater Growth Egg (4★): Awards 50,000 EXP. Player characters and Memory Crystals already in the party may convert to these. Also dropped as Login Bonus for the fourth and tenth days of the bonus cycle*From December 2015 onward.
- Major Growth Egg (5★): Awards 250,000 EXP. Given for completion of certain exceptional dungeons or as a special bonus item. Otherwise, extremely rare.
Growth Eggs may be dropped as dungeon completion rewards on any difficulty, and are common during event play.
Growth Eggs must be applied from the game's Inventory menu*As of frontend v4.1.2/backend 12/14/15. The player is presented with his/her stockpile, from which any combination of Growth Eggs may be used. Once a unit reaches the level cap (50), no more Growth Eggs may be applied until a Memory Crystal is used to break that character's level cap, and again (with a Memory Crystal II) when that character reaches the second level cap (65).