The green mage lends support on the battlefield, shielding allies and crippling foes.
Green Mage (緑魔道士, Midori Madōshi?) is a job in Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, exclusive to the viera race. It specializes in using Green Magick, a school of spells dedicated to granting status buffs to allies and inflicting status ailments upon enemies. Green Mages wield hammers and maces, and are one of the most physically powerful mage classes, second only to the Blue Mage.
The Green Mage's highest stat is Magic Attack even if they learn no spells that use it. As in Final Fantasy XII, the Protect and Shell magicks are Green Magick abilities, and the Green Mage assumes supportive duties ordinarily attributed to White Mages.
To unlock the job, the player must complete the quest "Green Dominion". Afterward, a character must have mastered one White Mage A-Ability to access it.
The Green Mage's Magick stat is sub par compared to other mage types, but because statuses are not affected by the Magick stat, this does not pose a major problem. The Green Mage's Speed growth is second only to the Assassin, which makes it unique as a mage. The Tranq spell makes many of the lower-accuracy abilities more usable, such as Beat Down, Death, and Viola. Their only weaknesses are their weak defensive and offensive stat growth.
|Hammers, Maces||Hats||Robes, Light Armor||No|
The magicks of the GREEN MAGE lend strength and succor to her allies.
|Create an invisible shield around units in a small area. Raises DEFENSE.|
|Surround units in a small area with a veil of divine protection. Raises RESISTANCE.|
|Soothe the target's nerves. Raises ACCURACY.|
|Stimulate the muscles in the user's legs. Raises MOVE and JUMP.|
|Conjure a black mist to BLIND the target.|
|Coat the target with a film of black, sticky OIL.|
|Steal the target's voice. SILENCE in a small area.|
|Put units in a small area to SLEEP with a powerful gas.|
|Evade Magick||Magick Robe||Resist spells that deal damage.||250|
|Absorb MP||Lordly Robe||Gains MP equal to the MP cost of attacks used on the unit.||250|
|Spellbound||Tiara||Extends the duration of buffs and debuffs on the user.||150|
- Tranq and Leap are favorable to use as an Assassin, since Assassins should be nimble and dexterous.
- It is a good idea to use Oil and pair Green Mages with Black Mages' Fire magicks and Summoners' Ifrit. This can aid in disposing monsters specifically weak to Fire, such as Ice Flan and Ice Drakes, and especially the speedy Dreamhares.
- An easy way to fight Green Mages is to have multiple units with Charm inducing abilities. Inflicting Silence can also render them useless. Slow is useful as well, due to their speed.
- There are no special battle tactics to easily defeat Green Mages. Pairing up with Green Mages to use Tranq on long-range units, such as Archers or Fusiliers with their Concentration Support can easily give them a dose of their own medicine by using abilities like Cupid or Charmshot.
Green Mage appears on a card.
Non-Final Fantasy guest appearancesEdit
The Green Mage appears on a gold card.
- The Green Mages in the quest "Green Dominion", the quest required to unlock the Green Mage job, are all named "Miss Midori". Midori means "green" in Japanese.