|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Golmore Jungle page!|
|Please expand this article into a full one. This can be done by Adding a Locations section, with images and brief descriptions of the areas within the location. This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page.|
- "The Jungle denies us our passage."
"What have we done?"
"We? No. I."
- —Fran and Ashe
The Golmore Jungle (ゴルモア大森林, Gorumoa Daishinrin?) is a location in the land of Ivalice in Final Fantasy XII. It is a vast jungle east of the Ozmone Plain. Within the Jungle is Eruyt Village, the home of the viera. To them, the Golmore Jungle is their sacred home and a living being which can speak to them directly.
The viera refer to it as "the Wood" and personify her as a female. Golmore will prove to be a daunting place on the first visit. The status-inducing Malboros run wild through the jungle and also rampant are the Hellhounds and the Diresaur, which can be dangerous early on.
- "A sprawling jungle in the Jagd Difohr, it remains much as it always has been, untouched by the hand of Man. Though the viera make their villages within this jungle, the ways to their enclaves are tangled and hidden. Barriers throughout the jungle, too, prevent easy passage. These were erected by the viera to prevent outsiders from intruding, the blessing of their people needed before one may pass."
- —Sage Knowledge 72, Golmore Jungle
Most treasures in the Golmore Jungle contain Potions. When the Diamond Armlet is equipped the common item treasure is Knot of Rust and the rare item is an X-Potion. The player may sometimes find Jackboots in a treasure in the southwestern bit of the Paths of Chained Light area.
Upon entering the jungle, the party will come across several magickal barriers blocking the paths. Fran will explain the Viera have placed them and will lead the party to the entrance of Eruyt Village where they speak with the Elder and request passage through the jungle by being given Lente's Tear after saving Mjrn.
Once the party reaches the Dell of the Dreamer, the Elder Wyrm rises and blocks both the exit and entrance, forcing them to fight. This battle can be skipped by heading south to the Feywood and running through LV. 38+ enemies to get to the Paramina Rift. The hard monsters encountered can be taken care of using the Immobilize Glitch.
- Paths of Chained Light (to Ozmone Plain)
- The Needlebrake (to Eruyt Village)
- Whisperleaf Way
- The Parting Glade
- Dell of the Dreamer
- The Branchway
- The Greenswathe (to the Paramina Rift)
- The Rustling Chapel (to the Feywood)
|This section of the article about Final Fantasy XII is a stub. You can help Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.|
- Great Malboro
- Dark Skeleton
- Midgardsormr (Rare)
- Phyllo (Rare)
- Elder Wyrm (Optional Boss)
- Biding Mantis (Rare)
- Grave Lord (Rare)
- Vorpal Bunny (Mark)
|"The Golmore Jungle"|
|Trouble with the audio sample?|
The theme of Golmore Jungle is called simply "The Golmore Jungle" (ゴルモア大森林, Gorumoa Dai Shinrin?). It is heavy mainly on strings, woodwinds, and percussion, but also contains some brass.
- In Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy, there is a trade material called "Golmore Timber".
- "Golmore Jungle" is an answer to an Academia quiz question in Final Fantasy XIII-2.